Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I'm due on the 7th but I don't think baby will come until the 9th (at least)... since my two girls came after their EDDs I expect this to be the case as well but on the way down to my OB appt on Thursday I kept thinking how unprepared I would feel if baby came before EDD I decided to not to the group-b test at the appointment (only 35 weeks) and will do it next time (at 37 weeks). I was happy to hear that the hospital does offer the oral vitamin k so if we need to that's an option.

I keep changing my mind on diapers and find myself selling off what I thought I originally wanted to do and buying other ones... even though I sewed up like 24 fitteds

Overall I feel pretty good, not much different than I think I would feel if I wasn't pregnant except the frequent trips to the bathroom and feeling like a truck ran over my pelvis when I get out of bed in the morning.

Advertisement

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

I've been keeping the stickied document at the top updated with arrivals of our Sweetheart Babies. The second was born yesterday (she hasn't wrote on here yet, but she updated on facebook). Here's the link to the document: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1427997
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

double post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I just realized I never posted to be added to the sticky, so I added mine

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
gghmommy
Registered Users

I'm due the 15th, but OB thinks we'll go early. I don't know if it's because of my high blood pressure or what. I''ve been on meds and it's totally controlled and I've now had 3 BPP's (biophysical profiles) which were all great and I'm measuring perfect, so who knows. I really like my doctor, she's good with doing VBAC, even though I'm totally open to c-section if it's what we need to do. My first was born at 28 weeks and I went to the hospital at 26 weeks following a regular OB appt where I had sudden and severe preecclampsia. So, my anxiety now (that I've made it 34 weeks I'm a little calm about baby) is what is birth really like?? I never really had real contractions, though we tried to force my body to deliver. It's like I've had a baby but I do not know what to expect!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy
I'm due the 15th, but OB thinks we'll go early. I don't know if it's because of my high blood pressure or what. I''ve been on meds and it's totally controlled and I've now had 3 BPP's (biophysical profiles) which were all great and I'm measuring perfect, so who knows. I really like my doctor, she's good with doing VBAC, even though I'm totally open to c-section if it's what we need to do. My first was born at 28 weeks and I went to the hospital at 26 weeks following a regular OB appt where I had sudden and severe preecclampsia. So, my anxiety now (that I've made it 34 weeks I'm a little calm about baby) is what is birth really like?? I never really had real contractions, though we tried to force my body to deliver. It's like I've had a baby but I do not know what to expect!
This is me. I had a baby but never went into labor. I have no clue what to expect at all. I was on pit for 3 hours with no progress. When I had my csection, I was 1 cm and 10 percent... I am so anxious about what delivery will be like, juggling my son and dogs(we have no family and one friend around), and the hospital brings 45 min away. I am so very nervous about how all of it is going to go down.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was scheduled for a csection but went into labor on my own. I really was not expecting to so I didn't know what was going on! I just thought I had some bad stomach cramps from eating something. It was almost 2 hours before I realized they were contractions. I even googled "what do contractions feel like" Seriously, I was clueless!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
gghmommy
Registered Users

somehow this is relieving that there are other mommies who don't know what to expect in labor! I'm hoping for no mag sulfate and no bed rest following the birth (it was like 40 hrs before I got out of bed post c-section last time). and just a haha, if we have a girl her middle name will be Hope!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #19
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, here's the big secret for the mamas worried about what labour is like: it's not nearly as bad as you've probably been conditioned to expect! In fact, you've likely had similar feelings before, as menstrual cramps or as gas pains. It is intense but you don't need to fear it, you're bodies were built for this. Fear is what causes us to interpret certain sensations as pain, when it doesn't necessarily need to be that way. Billions of women have now had safe and unmedicated births. Billions. Think of all that evolutionary success during your birthing time.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #20
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

It's easy to say that when everything went so good for one birth already... I was literally in tears at the hospital and very sad until my son was born because nothing went right. I am not worried about pain... Just not knowing how its going to go is anxiety for me. I think once I get there and get my son where he needs to go and everything is going smoothly... I will do fine. It's the getting there part that is giving me pause.