Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I am due the 21st. I have never gone more than 2 days early so we shall see. I am doing fine physically & emotionally but some times it feels as though I have been through a war!

Baby can stay in as long as possible as we are in the process of moving with 4 other children! ACK! Trying to not be stressed but some times the pregnancy hormones are too overwhelming.

I just need to get a wrap & car seat still & wash all the blankets & clothes but I have time

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My guess date is at the very end of the month. After going to my friends baby Shower last weekend I'm getting very nervous about what I may be or may not be getting at my shower. We don't know the gender so I'm hoping that will keep people from getting us tons of clothes.... I'm thankful for anything we receive but would feel bad not using it....

Also the last week I haven't been sleeping I wake up at about 3:30 and can't go back to sleep I have tried lots of things last night I drank peaceful mama tea and listened to some hypnosis and fell back to sleep but, kept waking up about once an hour after that......
littlemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #23
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemouse
My guess date is at the very end of the month. After going to my friends baby Shower last weekend I'm getting very nervous about what I may be or may not be getting at my shower. We don't know the gender so I'm hoping that will keep people from getting us tons of clothes.... I'm thankful for anything we receive but would feel bad not using it....

Also the last week I haven't been sleeping I wake up at about 3:30 and can't go back to sleep I have tried lots of things last night I drank peaceful mama tea and listened to some hypnosis and fell back to sleep but, kept waking up about once an hour after that......
I hate that. Not sleeping is the hardest part of pregnancy to me. I have done better this time with our new mattress,but it's still restless sleep and frequent wakings.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #24
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else having a boy and can tell when he pees? Mine has peed a lot as I know it's not me but it feels likepeeing.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
I hate that. Not sleeping is the hardest part of pregnancy to me. I have done better this time with our new mattress,but it's still restless sleep and frequent wakings.
I get more sleep this time with my boy than my girls where I was up tons.......oldest I think it wag like every 10 mins at night....I would pee then go lay down then almost sleeping them had to pee.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't see this until now. It's good to see a chat thread in here!

I'm due Feb 21st. I had my other two at 39+6 and 39+3, so I'm expecting this one to come in the week before my EDD.

I a SO done with this pregnancy. It's been very hard on me physically. First, it was intense MS, but now it's severe hip pain and nerves getting pinched. Sleeping is pretty impossible, and daily activities are extremely difficult. So I'm just trying to chug on through until she's fully cooked.

With DD2, I had very bad "false" labor (AKA if I'd gone in, I'm sure they would have kicked it into gear pretty easily) a week before I had her, so if that happens again, I'm not going to try to tough it out or wait. My babies don't like to engage properly, so I tend to get stalled.

And I had a giggle at what a PP said about labor. My labors and births are beyond anything I could imagine or had experienced before (which is considerable, considering I am disabled from a life-threatening boat accident). It's definitely a personal experience, and not just based on fear.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

No one with my first told me about back labor. It was excrutiating as I wasn't informed on it after being hauled out to mall to do laps in Winter after getting n break for school( so nothing to walki.ng laps for like 3 hrs). I went in after all started ( 8ish for both so far at about 4 or 5 am). First came at 9pm night after getting to hospital. Second was here at noon. I can b on left side & right hand go numb. Lots of random nerve things as I'm bigger than I have been. Hard to move sometimes. My ankle goes out too so I stumble as well. More headaches too......I'm ready hope my boy is too.hoping he cokes sooner as my ob has vacation on edd from it being his bday. My track is 2 days later tthough.... aaahhhh.....
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #28
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An anxity thread is exactly what I needed. Reading everybodys post has made me feel normal again. This is my 3rd full term pregnancy, and it has been rough. I've had tons of pain and sickness, and contractions starting at just 24 weeks. Walking is painful and getting up and down stairs is almost imposable. I don't know if its because i never thought i would carry this long, though I hoped to, or something else, but I feel like she will never get here. Im 35 weeks (due feb.14) In comparison to my first two pregnancys, my belly is huge! No really its huge... I put on one of my favorite tops from dd2 and i had to expand the ties 2 inches to make the buttons reach. I don't sleep at night either, and I'm tired all the time. I don't know how much bigger the baby can get, her butt already touches my boobs, lol.

dd1 was enduced at 39 weeks, I had pre-eclampsia, I was just under 2cm when they enduced and broke my water, contractions were easy, and less painful then stomach cramps from the flu, lol. But, I ended up getting an epidural at 4cm because thats all the further I would progess, and the dr gave me a choice of epidural to see if it made me progress or a csection. All was well and she was born 13 hours later.
With dd2 I had contrations on and off for weeks, but I wouldn't have considered them painful, just a crampy tight feeling. Till "real" labor hit. Those were horrible. I asked for an epidural first thing when we got to the hospital. It turns out they were so intense because my water wouldn't break. It didn't break till I was 9.5cm. Once my water broke they were back to the crampy tight stuff again. And she was born about 20 mins later.

My biggest anxity problem is how much can I endure? I've had contractions for weeks, some are not to bad, just a cramp, but some are hard core. I don't know how many of the hard ones I can handle. And im terrified of both my water breaking to soon, and deilvering at home, or of my water not breaking again and having the horrible contractions. (sigh, venting makes me feel better, lol)

Oh and for the mamma worried about the 45 min drive... we lived 40 mins away with dd2 and dh made the drive in 20 min. He said that he wasn't worried about the cops, because he knew they would let him go as soon as I started my chanting with the next contraction (I said ouch over and over while i was having contractons, every 2 min.) And it was 4am so there wasn't much traffic. But I wouldn't recomend waiting till your contractions were 2 min apart to start your drive. LOL
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our drive is between 45 min - an hour, depending on traffic. We had no trouble making it the last two times, even though I was almost at 7 when we got there the second time. The only thing was how awful it was to be laboring in the car with contractions every 3 minutes. Blargh.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #30
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The drive to the birth center is just over an hour for me. With our last, a hospital birth, we were 45 minutes away and made it in 40. I'm not too worried about making it, since neither of my previous labors were THAT short, I just don't want to hit transition in the car again.
Right now my biggest issue is exhaustion. I wake up almost every hour at night and can't get comfortable.