Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocloth2 View Post
The drive to the birth center is just over an hour for me. With our last, a hospital birth, we were 45 minutes away and made it in 40. I'm not too worried about making it, since neither of my previous labors were THAT short, I just don't want to hit transition in the car again.
Right now my biggest issue is exhaustion. I wake up almost every hour at night and can't get comfortable.
This is what I really want to avoid- hitting transition in the car! I am 45 minutes from the birth center I'll be delivering at, and I'm not worried about my labor being too fast, but I'd sure like to avoid waiting so long that I hit transition in the car (but at the same time, I want to wait long enough that it's worth it to go...). With DD1, we lived next door to the hospital, and I walked... haha

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622

This is what I really want to avoid- hitting transition in the car! I am 45 minutes from the birth center I'll be delivering at, and I'm not worried about my labor being too fast, but I'd sure like to avoid waiting so long that I hit transition in the car (but at the same time, I want to wait long enough that it's worth it to go...). With DD1, we lived next door to the hospital, and I walked... haha
Yeah that... I am a VBAC so I don't want to get there early... I sense some mall walking/back seat laboring in my future.

Just found out my husband will be out of town the 17th through the 24th then the 27th through the 1st. I'm 37 weeks the 2nd. That better be all the out of townage he experiences. The only thing I'm probably going to need help with is reloading the firewood rack. The shed is down some stairs and around the corner of the house. So... I might be borrowing one of his friends one of those days to replenish my warmth.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #33
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Little update MIL went through a bunch of stuff (with my help of course... some force of nature needing to come in) and we loaded up another 5 boxes full for donation (so 17 total) and they all got picked up on Monday. I told her I scheduled another pickup for this coming Monday since there's some more stuff that needs to be gone through so this weekend I'm hoping it'll be done, I don't doubt it will though. Now, I guess I've realized I need to be the one to ask her if we can move into the un-occupied room before baby is born since hubby is too chicken to ask. I figure when I'm helping with that clean out I'll bring it up... or make hubby suck it up and ask his own mother. If it were my mom or dad&step-mom I know I'd have no issue (and nor would he), I don't understand exactly why he's so chicken?

On the pregnancy side, I had my OB appointment and went to the hospital after to register and get a quick tour of L&D. The nurse that showed us the labor room was super nice and told me that when I come in to request one with a new tub (non-jacuzzi) so I can use it... and they also had a birth ball right there in the room. MUCH different than the hospital I delivered DD#1 at (same one I transferred to after DD#2 was born).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #34
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I have an OB appointment and ultrasound tomorrow morning. I have been having contractions on and off today, so I have to chat with her about that tomorrow. Super excited for the ultrasound.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #35
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

We had an appointment with our midwife yesterday and everything looks good. She said baby is definitely 5 and 1/2 lbs now and since I am now 36 weeks it's just waiting to see when she will arrive now. I can't wait to meet her but know I will miss being pregnant so I'm trying to really soak up whatever time left I have

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #36
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
. I can't wait to meet her but know I will miss being pregnant so I'm trying to really soak up whatever time left I have
Wow, I wish I felt that way about being pregnant. My pregnancies are easy until the last few months (no m/s) but I am just as excited to meet our baby as I am to be done being pregnant. I'm 37 weeks today and I'm so done with the daily heartburn, fatigue, insomnia, and all around discomfort. I swear he was trying to kick his way out last night for a good 20 minutes. One of the hardest things is not having a lap for my other kids to sit on, so they try to make one by squishing us.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolson3 View Post
Wow, I wish I felt that way about being pregnant. My pregnancies are easy until the last few months (no m/s) but I am just as excited to meet our baby as I am to be done being pregnant. I'm 37 weeks today and I'm so done with the daily heartburn, fatigue, insomnia, and all around discomfort. I swear he was trying to kick his way out last night for a good 20 minutes. One of the hardest things is not having a lap for my other kids to sit on, so they try to make one by squishing us.
Don't get me wrong it's been harder than my last 2 pregnancies except the ms with DS was worse, ms this time was similar to what I had with DD. I've had contractions since 9 weeks and we were a bit worried how early this little girl might try to make her appearance but I've had irritable uterus with all of them so it's just gotten earlier and more contractions each time. There have been many discomforts I just haven't had till this 3rd pregnancy especially in my pelvic area. I, like you, have also had bad heartburn, am extremely tired at times, and have insomnia off and on, I just figure it's all worth the bond and connection I have with baby in the womb as well as the kicks and movement, they're the best! I do love snuggling my babies and watching them grow when they come out but miss the pregnancy part so I try to make the best of each stage of having a baby. I totally get you on the lap part, DD has been pretty good just sitting next to me but DS tries to climb on me. Baby just tries to kick him off of me I find it pretty amusing

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
gghmommy
Registered Users

I miss my lap too! My 2yo DD has been up at night coughing, no other symptoms, just some drainage she can't cough up without waking and then having a terrible time getting back to sleep. Of course, hubby and I were saying that at least for now we can still take turns, in a few more weeks we'll each be getting up to take care of one or the other! The only upside to the spending time with DD at night is that once she gets back to sleep, I'm so tired I don't get up as much until morning! I do wish the belly babe would also quit simultaneously kicking my ribs and pressing on my bladder, seriously!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #39
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Why do they like to do that?? Jeez.... Don't they take up enough space without stretching us out!!

Sorry your baby isn't feeling well.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #40
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, man, I will NOT miss being pregnant. The first two were uncomfortable, but I am in excruciating pain every day with this one. I can barely function, and my house is...ugh. I just keep telling myself that it is worth it, I think I can, I think I can...