Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #41
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Just got home. Baby is measuring 4lbs 6oz, and is finally head down (she had been transverse this whole time). We have 4 weeks until delivery day, so we are planning for a 6lber.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #42
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, little squish. Mine have both been 21 1/2 inches and 8 1/2 pounds. They never even looked like newborns. LOL. I was already measuring a week ahead at 33 weeks, so I'm expecting this one's going to be the same.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #43
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I have been soooooo emotional!! My husband is going out of town tomorrow for 2 weeks. I ordered a bunch of fabric to keep busy. Hoping to finish the next size up pjs for my son and make new night diaper covers for him and for this one when she needs night time covers. I have two dancing bears fleece in med that I LoVe but they are soooo pricey. So I reverse engineered a pattern and I am just going to make some small and large ones. Should save a lot of money, but I better get it right. After taxes and shipping the fabric cost 20 dollars a yard.

I can't believe it's getting so close. These pictures of the babies already born are getting me so excited. My husband has some important work things to complete on the 15th so I am hoping not to go before then.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I am just glad she is staying put. My son was born at 35 weeks at 5 1/2lbs, so she needs to stay in and beef up. 4 weeks is just enough to make me feel like I can procrastinate a little longer, but still close enough to have me in a bit of a panic
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #45
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been recovering from bronchitis so I am coughing almost non stop! I feel like I am going to cough this baby right out! Dr. tried to do a quick internal on Tuesday but said he felt a bulging head every time I coughed so he wasn't going to tempt anything. I am hoping this baby waits until I can stop coughing or at least until DH recovers (he has pneumonia) what a state we are in right now!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #46
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
I've been recovering from bronchitis so I am coughing almost non stop! I feel like I am going to cough this baby right out! Dr. tried to do a quick internal on Tuesday but said he felt a bulging head every time I coughed so he wasn't going to tempt anything. I am hoping this baby waits until I can stop coughing or at least until DH recovers (he has pneumonia) what a state we are in right now!
Oh mama, that stinks I hope you both recover quickly and that your LO stays put until you do.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #47
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my 35 week appt today. GBS swab, and confirmation that I have a prolapse. Dr said it is VERY low (yeah, as in, I could tell from the outside!) but will go back easily and shouldn't be any problem for the delivery. We'll reevaluate at the 6 week PP visit and see if we need to do anything corrective or if it's fixing itself. One more confirmation that I won't be birthing any more babies after this one.

Otherwise everything is okay. Baby is strong and healthy. Down to weekly appts now!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #48
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been sick all week with a respiratory flu, but somehow made it out the door to my ob appt yesterday. I'm 37w2d 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Nothing too amazing, but still encouraging that my body is headed in the right direction. I need AT LEAST one more week so that I can finish my round of preschool teaching. My mom will be here in two weeks and staying for about 5 weeks! I've never had that much help before; last time she could only stay for 2 & 1/2 days (my dad had cancer at the time.) This time she is staying until a cousin gets married in March. She can come earlier if needed, but 39w is early considering all my other babes were late. At least once she is here I'll have a fun distraction around and help!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #49
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

That is awesome. My in laws are coming at 40+2. I kind of hope I wait til then cause it would be so much easier but.... I also am afraid to get close to my due date cause I don't want to end up with a repeat c-section. I have been drink RRL tea and also started EPO. I am assuming since I never actually dilated the first time , that I won't go early... Ey! If only you could actually plan this stuff.

Dr appt Monday. I have to go get my car maintained before the appt. which would be easy if I didn't have to drive 1.15 min to get there.

I have my lists for my hospital bag and my son's bag done(I think). It's so hard to feel like I'm not forgetting something. I might add some water clothes in case they do allow me to labor in the tub.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #50
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I've been having prodromal labor on and off since last week, couple of evenings this week I thought it might be it but they just pittered out (contractions were every 4 mins lasting over a min last night). I have had this though with both my other pregnancies so I never even got around to calling the midwife cause I know that until things really start to kick up that it's not time to call. I do have an irritable uterus and get contractions on and off since early in my pregnancies so I think this just intensifies these episodes towards the end. This pregnancy has had the most of these episodes though and they do tire me out so I'm kinda hoping it just turns into the real thing soon so I can stop thinking is this it every time

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote