Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #51
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I totally missed this thread I thought everyone had run away to Facebook. I am 36 weeks today and have been having weekly appt with NST and BPP. This practice is new for this final pregnancy. I was bummed that my favorite midwife has gone on leave though I had a growth untrasound at 33w4d and baby was measuring 6 1/2lb which was probably accurate as my last baby was 9lb 10oz at 39w2d. I imagine he is around 8lbs now. Everything looks great and I am trying to enjoy feeling his squirming and the miracle of being pregnant since this is my last biological child(DH already had his V) I have never had spontaneous labor before my due date so I have no concern of that happening even though I was 2cm and 50% at my appointment Thursday. I am usually 5cm by 38 weeks or so and have VERY fast labors. I had my swab for GBS this week and hope it is negative because I would never have time to get all of the antibiotics even with an induction for #3 and GBS+ I didn't get enough and they held us hostage at the hospital for observation I hate the hospital with a burning intensity and need to get me and the squish out as fast as possible. I am praying for 24 hours. I have tried to AMA a baby in the past and they will call the police and CPS.

I am contracting away as I type which is normal for me. Prodromal labor=Precipitus birth

I am feeling pretty ready as far as clothes, diapers, carseat type stuff and just excited to meet this little guy and see what our toddler thinks of him.

Advertisement

Last edited by MDever; 01-19-2013 at 11:33 AM.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #52
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hospital bags are packed, carseat ready to go (had been for a bit), and now the cleaning and major burst of energy had kicked in. Now I'm waiting for MIL to come home so I can ask her if hubby and I can move into the mini master suite before baby comes (and hopefully she says yes and we can start cleaning out that room and deep clean it), so hubby can move stuff ASAP. I she says yes without reservation. I figure I just need to ask since hubby won't worse she can say is "no" and if that's the case hubby will for sure be the one to bring it up to her since I don't want visitors for a weekend with a new baby and no way to "discreetly" deal with that fun PP mama stuff (the nearest bathroom to our current room is down the hall/2 rooms away), not attached like the mini master.

I'm anxious for my Appt on Tuesday since I'll find out my GBS results (I was negative with my previous two) but since my last labor was fast there would be no way to get all antibiotics in time if I was + this time. Then I have a prenatal with my doula.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #53
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is your MIL staying in that room or just storing things in there?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #54
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I am being lazy this morning and doing a little newborn knitting. Soon I need to get up and get working on my to do list.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #55
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas
I am being lazy this morning and doing a little newborn knitting. Soon I need to get up and get working on my to do list.
That sounds fun. I picked up a little cross stitch to do in my "lazy time" til I get my fabric in the mail.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #56
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't end up getting much done, but it is a start.
I am knitting these nb longies in DH cowgirl, for the new baby...

to match these, that I knit for my daughter

Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #57
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Oh, man, I will NOT miss being pregnant. The first two were uncomfortable, but I am in excruciating pain every day with this one. I can barely function, and my house is...ugh. I just keep telling myself that it is worth it, I think I can, I think I can...
That what I keep thinking. I think I can, i think I can.... but man it sure is hard sometimes. I'm thankful that my pre-eclampsia hasn't gone over the top yet and put me in the hospital... but then again I think... if I just run to the end of the driveway this would all be over (I'm pretty sure I would pass out, lol). My BP is 140/90 resting so I'm not able to do anything, and all the stuff (pain, dizziness, blurry vision...) is really getting to me.
I keep telling myself no nicu...no nicu....no nicu to keep me motivated to endure for a little longer.
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #58
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Is your MIL staying in that room or just storing things in there?
It was her mom's room, she passed away the week before x-mas so right now it's just a bunch of the furniture and things that MIL has been going through to donate or for her siblings to go through (pick to take home) when they come out to visit the first week of March since they don't live locally and haven't been out since October. We could easily (hubby do the heavy lifting) but we could turn our current room into a guest room with all the furniture that's in the current "empty" room.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #59
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
I didn't end up getting much done, but it is a start.
I am knitting these nb longies in DH cowgirl, for the new baby...

to match these, that I knit for my daughter

That's one thing I wish I could do (knit gender specific woolies) for baby but since we didn't find out it was a no go. I guess it would be good though, so I don't spend too much on yarn.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #60
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
seller
seller

Luckily for me, I already had a pretty decent yarn stash. When I found out I was having a girl, and only had boy yarn I did tons of trades and slowly moved the boy stuff o girl stuff, so it didn't cost me anything. Everything I am knitting I already have sitting around. Otherwise I would not get any of it.