Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #81
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

There is also a cloth diaper store in Memphis.....although I've never been there. It's called Over the Moon Diapers. They have very limited hours but if you search the name I just said you will find their website. I think for now, they are operating out of a residential home. I'll get by there one day!

Advertisement

Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #82
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post

Ainemphis, I'm due Feb. 8. What hospital are you delivering? If not at home, of course! I'm going to have my baby girl at Baptist Women Center.
I'm due Feb 6 but csection is scheduled for Jan. 30th. I'LL be at methodist germantown.

I've been to over the moon diapers and love the owners! They are so friendly and helpful and had a great consignment event recently. You should definitely get out there!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #83
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else nesting today? Even DH joked that the baby must be coming tonight because I'm obviously nesting

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #84
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
I'm due Feb 6 but csection is scheduled for Jan. 30th. I'LL be at methodist germantown.

I've been to over the moon diapers and love the owners! They are so friendly and helpful and had a great consignment event recently. You should definitely get out there!
Awww man! I missed it! I probably wouldn't have had the funds anyway. I'm pretty set for the newborn stage. I haven't spent a whole lot, maybe $200, but if I spend anymore I might as well had just use sposies!

Methodist G'town is super nice. My BFF was supposed to deliver, but ended up having a c-section there. The Women's Center is the fartherest I'm willing to go from home though. With my DS 9 years ago, the last time I gave birth, I almost didn't make it there in time!

I am trying to be extra thrifty with this baby. I finally convinced DH a couple of years ago to let me quit working for our 2 children and him and then we have this little surprise. He was so upset he cried for days! Lol! Of course, he is fine now, but I've never seen a man get so emotional. And not just a few manly tears, but full on boo-hooing! I've never seen anything like it! We are 32 & 33 and started out very young having children (we have an 11yo - 12 in July and an 8yo - 9 in April) so we were thinking we will be 'free' in about 10 years. He was just extremely overwhelmed at the thought of 'starting over'. So, to keep him from being extra stressed as the provider of the family, I've tried to be crafty and come up with ways to have a budget baby. That's why I decided to cloth diaper. I know NO ONE other than myself who does (well, I haven't officially started, but YKWIM) and everyone thinks I'm crazy!

The only thing I need is an XL wetbag for home and I'm set on getting a MFD bag. I do want a medium bag for outings as well and want to get them at the same time since there is free shipping if you spend $50. BUT, I've been waiting on her to get 2 strap XL Bags and now that she has some, I need to wait a few days : ) oh and I want a Moby or Ergo (sleepy) wrap. I'm so interested to try those for a newborn to see if I like wrapping. If I do, I'm totally going to splurge on an awesome, pretty one! yay! I can't wait for her to get here! There is so much I can't wait to try that will be new for me as a momma.....CDing, babywearing, making my own babyfood. I just HAVE to be mindful of what I spend along the way.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #85
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

A Boba wrap is what used to be called a sleepy wrap. I have a sleepy wrap and I LOVE it. I want to get a fancy wrap but I have a mei tai and a Boba 2g... So I have no need for one really... Just a strong desire.

I usually tie on my sleepy wrap. Slip baby in and out off it through the day. It's super easy. I think unlike that it is more stretchy than the moby.

So. Had my dr appt today. Still didn't get to see my actual dr. GBS next Monday. Not excited about that. Especially since my husband is out of town. Grrrr.

Nesting.... Does vying tons of fabric to make dresses count? Cause I totally did that today... We are supposed to be saving money and I kind of spent a ton... I just have to call it an investment...

Attachment 131320

Can you tell I am not a pink person...

Last edited by Sarahknavy; 03-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #86
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used a peanut shell with ds for the first few months then fell in love with the ergo. I have a moby for this baby but haven't taken the time to learn how to wrap it yet. I should probably spend some time on youtube and give it a try or else I may give up before I even use it. I have most everything saved from DS but I did have to invest in newborn diapers. I have plenty of OS for later though.

as far as nesting, I am finally feeling better after being sick/non mobile for the past week and a half. I pretty much have everything ready for baby though just waiting to see if I make it to my 39 week c-section date or if I will go early like I did with DS. I'm pretty much just a rack of nerves right now.

took my dogs to the vet today and found out one of them needs a mass removed so that puts quite the kink in our budget. DH is so mad he's threatening to not pay for vet care unless I go back to work. =( He's not going to refuse the surgery but I will probably be trying to list as much as I can on CL this week just to make him feel like I'm contributing.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #87
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I love sleepywraps! I have two, a red one and a baby blue one.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #88
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
Anyone else nesting today? Even DH joked that the baby must be coming tonight because I'm obviously nesting
Oh yes! I've been cleaning everything and doing laundry like crazy! I'll be 38 weeks Wed. so I think I still have some time but I really do like the motivation to deep clean, lol!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #89
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Oh carriers, I have a nice stock pile of carriers built up from my last 2 plus 3 new ones bought for this little one. Here's what I have:

Baby K'tan (new to this baby)
Gypsy Mama Wrap (awesome cause it's nice and soft for a newborn but much more sturdy than a Moby so you can use it even with a heavier baby/toddler)
Beco Butterfly
Beco Gemini (new to this baby)
Zolowear Ring Sling
Solarveil Ring Sling (new to this baby)
Walking Rock Farm Hip Carrier
Koala Korner Fleece Pouch

I like different ones for different things so it's nice to have a good variety. I will be destahing a couple though as I don't think I'll use them all this time.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #90
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Eeep now I feel crazy. I'm sitting here semi-anxious for my OB appointment tomorrow to find out my GBS results thinking that on Thursday I'll be 37 weeks when it dawned on me, I'll be 38 weeks Now it's really sneaking up on me.... we're all ready and all that good stuff and I doubt I'll go "early" but I can't believe in a matter of a couple weeks we'll be a family of 5.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote