Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thinking about quitting and i feel like a failure

I highly suggest you look into a Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Get "Everyday Grain-free Gourmet," by Jenny Lass. Read through page 12 and you will see yourself in this book! It is easier than doing elimination Cut out all dairy and soy. Add MegaFlora Plus (MegaFood.com or Amazon) along with Their gluten and dairy free Megazymes to your diet. Have you tried Gripe Water?

Your daughter is gaining. Is she peeing and pooping? Is she active and social or crying all the time? I have small babies...that grow slowly. My middle children are downright small... 4th percentile. They have Daddy's body type. At 18 months our former ped wanted to label our son Failure to Thrive and Demanded weekly weights. I dropped her like a rock! My son was highly active, had good coloring, was never sick and He Ate! Now, he's nearly 8 and he is still small. So, was Daddy. So, is our second DD. My 1st and 4th children have my body type....not lean, not thin, but not overweight...barely 25th percentile. lol.

Trust yourself. Do only what is absolutely necessary in your day. Breathe.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Have you considered taking your LO to see a chiropractor? I know some moms swear by them for helping with reflux. Look for one that works with babies and children a lot. They're very gentle with babies, and, even if it doesn't clear it up all the way, it may help things be more managable. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I hope things get better soon.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
EmilyDan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
You need to do what is best for you, your baby, and your family not what everyone else thinks you should do.

Is there someone IRL that you can talk to, a LLL memeber or LC.

It really depends on how much you want to go through and put yourself through just to BF.

To be completely honest with you--if I was in your shoes and dealing with all that I would go to formula.I love breastfeeding and think that is best only if it works. If I had all those issues, having to eleminate everything from my diet and not getting any sleep I wouldn't do it. I don't think formula is evil and has it's place. It sounds to me like you are completley overwellemed.
I agree.

I have no experience with reflux so I can't help you there. But I nursed my daughter for 6 months and had issues that left me feeling just how you described - mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. I put her on formula at the recommendation of my family doctor (who definitely encourages breastfeeding), because she was concerned about my psychological health. My doctor was absolutely right. Once my daughter was weaned my PPD went away, which vastly improved my relationships with my daughter and with my husband. Formula was absolutely the right thing for my baby and me. If it's what you and your baby need, there's no shame in that. Good luck
EmilyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
You need to do what is best for you, your baby, and your family not what everyone else thinks you should do.

Is there someone IRL that you can talk to, a LLL memeber or LC.

It really depends on how much you want to go through and put yourself through just to BF.

To be completely honest with you--if I was in your shoes and dealing with all that I would go to formula.I love breastfeeding and think that is best only if it works. If I had all those issues, having to eleminate everything from my diet and not getting any sleep I wouldn't do it. I don't think formula is evil and has it's place. It sounds to me like you are completley overwellemed.

I agree.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you have some family or a sitter that can give you a break and let you take a nap?
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #26
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had terrible reflux and it makes for a very fussy baby and not happy momma. We had good luck with probiotics, gripe water, and a chiro.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #27
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would try to supplement with formula and see how your child reacts to it. It made my DD's reflux much worse. She also gagged on bottles due to a high palet. It was a very exhausting time as she fed every hour or more day and night. She also only wanted to sleep while being held. I finally gave up and put her in a boppy on my bed at night. (I know that pillows are a no-no but you can only sleep in shifts so long)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #28
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all your encouragement, I haven't gone with formula yet but i think I might supplement with guidance from her pediatrician because I just do not pump enough to be able to get a break. Honestly there's a possibility she's going to get a ftt label this week anyway so I might not even have a choice. I'm looking into finding a iblcl but I'm not even sure where to start looking for one.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
MKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is the prevacid not helping? sorry I am just seeing this.. my son is 12 weeks..has severe reflux..and has been on prevacid for about a month..works amazingly.he is EBF..and still attached.. i wear him during the day but sleeps all night wonderfully. May I ask what form of meds she is on? and does she puke still?

Visit my Facebook Fan page or Etsy shop!http://www.mamakaydesigns.com
http://www.facebook.com/mamakaydesigns
MKDMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKDMama
Is the prevacid not helping? sorry I am just seeing this.. my son is 12 weeks..has severe reflux..and has been on prevacid for about a month..works amazingly.he is EBF..and still attached.. i wear him during the day but sleeps all night wonderfully. May I ask what form of meds she is on? and does she puke still?
It seems to help sometimes but other times are just awful. She is in my arms 90% of the day, at night she wakes up frequently by will go back to sleep after I feed her most of the time unless she has gas. All of her meds are compounded into a liquid form that we give her orally through syringes.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote