Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
1nOnlyLilRed
Registered Users
seller
seller

cloth wipes

My baby ( unfortunately) is FF. I'm interested in using home made cloth wipes. However since his poo isn't water soluble do I just skip using cloth wipes for BM ? Or how do I handle them ?

Advertisement

1nOnlyLilRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

You totally can use cloth wipes. Just rinse the poo off the wipes in the toilet like you would his diapers. It's the same thing we have to do with our 19mo who is mainly eating solids. I totally prefer cloth wipes over sposie wipes when it comes to poo. They work so much better at grabbing and cleaning it off the bum.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
1nOnlyLilRed
Registered Users
seller
seller

So perhaps I just need to make sure I make them big enough that I'm not getting my hands all in it when rinsing lol
1nOnlyLilRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nOnlyLilRed
So perhaps I just need to make sure I make them big enough that I'm not getting my hands all in it when rinsing lol
8x8 is a good size.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
swedishmermaid
Registered Users
seller

Re: cloth wipes

But how do you rinse the wipes? Bc you can't just dump the poop off of it like you can off a diaper...(we're still in the EBF phase and I'm a little scared for the solid poos!)
swedishmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishmermaid
But how do you rinse the wipes? Bc you can't just dump the poop off of it like you can off a diaper...(we're still in the EBF phase and I'm a little scared for the solid poos!)
With ebf, you don't new to rinse. I spray off our wipes. Before I had a sprayer I just dunked them in the toilet and swished around just like I did our diapers. Your hands get poo on them either way, having a sprayer just makes life a little easier because it is faster. You could wear gloves to prevent poo on hands. It's not a big deal, kinda yuck at first but you get over it. My guest bath (where the sprayer is) is always very clean because I disinfect the toilet and floor around it after cleaning poo.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth wipes

I just spray my wipes at the same time I spray the diaper. Before I had a sprayer, I was using liners in the diapers and sposie wipes for poop. But I also had a lot of sposie wipes left from when we were not CDing.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote