Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pink Checks

Nope can't do. I charge it if possible

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I couldn't do it. I don't even write checks though every thing gets paid through online bill pay.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

We do it. Not with checks, though. I use the debit card as credit to pay for gas at the pump and fill up the day before payday. As long as we have a dollar in our account, it gets approved. Keeps us from running out of gas the night before payday and keeps me from having to scrape up change, get all 3 kids out of the car, pay while trying to keep the big kids from touching or taking anything, get them back in the car, and get a measly amount that will be used just to get back to a gas station in the morning.

Everywhere around here does electronic checks, so we wouldn't be able to do it with a check. We also have free overdraft protection, so if it somehow goes through before the paycheck, it's not overwhelming.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

i used to do it a lot.... now, i hate to write checks. its a pain to wait for them to clear

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wouldn't do it. Overdraft fees add up QUICK and after working in banks and watching the messes people would get themselves in to by this type of thing,...not worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I used to do it. Then something happened with my paycheck (I don't even remember what happened as it was years ago-either my paycheck came in later than expected or the check cleared earlier than expected). Anyway, it was a check to Albertsons (grocery store) and well it bounced and then the DA sent me a very nice (sarcasm) letter telling me I had to take a bad check fraud class (and pay for it of course) otherwise I would be prosecuted for fraud. It was a total accident. I *thought* for sure the timing would match. Albertsons sent me straight to the DA. Not like a "hey, you bounced this check, pay for it or we will send you to the DA". Nope.

So I did the class, paid the check (and the fees for bouncing the check-both to my bank and to albertsons) and got a certificate LOL.

Moral of the story..DONT DO IT!