Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn cover advice?

dappi pull ons are my fav for fitteds

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
LilyandEtta
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for starting this thread as I have the same question-this is very helpful. Our daughter is due to arrive in 4 weeks and I have a stash of kissa NB fitteds. Has anyone used best bottom covers on their new borns?
LilyandEtta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AppleCheeks size 1 covers may work well for you.
Thirsties size 1s may also work well for you.
What about upcycled wool soakers?

I didn't like the fit of the newborn proraps, they were really narrow, though the cut out for the stump was good. Oh, I like Sweet Peas covers and they just came out with a newborn cover not too long ago:
http://www.happybabycompany.com/Swee...er-_p_942.html
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can make fitteds you can make covers, PUL is sold alot of places even joann fabrics. verybaby has examples using FOE.

That being said I like the duo covers. Thirsties and would love to try Capri since I have heard good things.

If you need a full newborn sized cover (to fit over a fitted) then IV is okay but I didn't need a full cut one so it was big in my opinion. I also like bummis for a sized cover. I was here recently http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/...by_diapers.htm
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests.[/FONT][/SIZE] Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyandEtta View Post
Thanks for starting this thread as I have the same question-this is very helpful. Our daughter is due to arrive in 4 weeks and I have a stash of kissa NB fitteds. Has anyone used best bottom covers on their new borns?
I saw a compare post between a softbums and best bottom cover on a newborn (and 1 other OS I can't remember) The softbums worked, best bottom didn't. Leg holes too big.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests.[/FONT][/SIZE] Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
If you can make fitteds you can make covers, PUL is sold alot of places even joann fabrics. verybaby has examples using FOE.

That being said I like the duo covers. Thirsties and would love to try Capri since I have heard good things.

If you need a full newborn sized cover (to fit over a fitted) then IV is okay but I didn't need a full cut one so it was big in my opinion. I also like bummis for a sized cover. I was here recently http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/...by_diapers.htm
I have LOTS of PUL here I just HATE working with it I'll brave it for when baby outgrows the ones I buy but for the NB stage I just want to get what works so I don't get discouraged right off the bat.

I found Dappis covers at CB but they don't ship to Canada The ones I can find in Canada are 2.5 times the price :O. I think I'm going to go with a couple Thirsties and bummis. I do have a Lovey Bums wool cover for nights, though.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
Mommyofluca
Registered Users
seller

I have mainly thirsty's for my newborn due in April, they have gotten good reviews pretty much everywhere I looked. I only used pockets with my son so I have 0 experience with NB covers!
Mommyofluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I loved my imse vimse cover for my newborn the first two weeks. It was super soft for her new skin. After she was a few weeks (and outgrew the imse vimse) I used a mix of thirsties extra small and blueberry mini coverall. I loved both. I hated the fit of the thirsties duo cover. My baby is 8 weeks and still fits into our blueberry mini coveralls.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #19
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyandEtta View Post
I haven't used best bottom covers, but I did use KL0s on my newborn with thirsties duo 1 covers. Love the Kissaluvs but they got soaked after about 2.5 hours and the leg gusset on the thirsties cover would wick moisture onto her sleeper, so Thirsties didn't work for nighttime. I bought an Imagine NB cover for nighttime. Never have leaks with it at night and I like it better than Thirsties. It's a little less $$ too
Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
LilyandEtta
Registered Users
seller

Thanks again-I'll keep several recommend covers at hand and see what works!!
LilyandEtta is offline   Reply With Quote