Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Newborn cover advice?

I was surprised by how much I loved Proraps. They fit right away and lasted until about 12 lbs.

Advertisement

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #22
mbusd03
Registered Users

I used Bummis Super Brite and Super Whisper Wrap. Really liked both and I got a good deal on them from some mammas on FSOT
mbusd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #23
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pro wraps and Bummis super lites fit my 6 pounder well

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
Bubblekids
Registered Users

My youngest was tiny at birth, and when we started using fitteds on her she was about 5 pounds. She's now 12 pounds.
We have some newborn Rumparooz covers that have fit really well the entire time, but are starting to be too small to cover the larger fitteds, especially with a booster at night. They still look brand new.
We have some Blueberry mini-coveralls, that have been great too. The aplix on them is starting to look a little worn, but is still working well. They don't fit as small as the RaRs for sure, but they still have a decent amount of rise left in them also. We have one of their small Capri co era too, and it is a little bulkier, but essentially the same. I find it wipes clean better than the other ones for some reason too. They are all good up to about 18 pounds I think.
We have some Thirties covers too. I think they are our favourites as they have more room than the RaRs, they were a little bulky when baby was 5 pounds, but they still snugged up enough. The elastic on them seems more gentle than all the others too. But the aplix definitely looks more worn than any of the others. We have also used one of the xs ones and one of the smalls. I think for the money the size 1 makes more sense though as it straddles those two sized ones, and I think is also good to about 18 pounds. They worked well though, and the xs was more trim when baby was small.
Good luck!

Last edited by Bubblekids; 01-09-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Bubblekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #25
amiecheatham
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbaby77 View Post
I have thiristies duo size 1. It's a wonderful cover and easy to use for newborn.
yes! we used these from birth with my son and he is just now growing out of them at 10 weeks and 14+ lbs. =]
amiecheatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
I have LOTS of PUL here I just HATE working with it I'll brave it for when baby outgrows the ones I buy but for the NB stage I just want to get what works so I don't get discouraged right off the bat.

I found Dappis covers at CB but they don't ship to Canada The ones I can find in Canada are 2.5 times the price :O. I think I'm going to go with a couple Thirsties and bummis. I do have a Lovey Bums wool cover for nights, though.
I'm not a big sewer but I just recently been trying to make a pocket pull up diaper. I don't love sewing the PUL either. I do like it with the FOE though because the pul is sandwiched between the elastic. I was thinking if I attempt to do covered elastic that I would make the suede cloth wider and still sandwich the PUL between the suede cloth and use that to cover the elastic -- not sure if that would create leaks, but that is my idea

You could always sew pull on fleece covers
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
theoriginalpumpkin
Registered Users
seller

I swore by thirsties and my first two pregnancies yielded 8 pounders.

We used the thirsties for the triplets for the first month and then transitioned rapidly into using Grovia shells as covers. If I were to plan for an 8 pound baby, I would just use the Grovias.
theoriginalpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote