Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: tracking/delivery confirmation w/ paypal shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Well the gamble part can be addressed by purchasing insurance. As the seller, you are responsible to refund the seller if the package is damaged or lost, so its in your best interest to purchase insurance. Paypal will require the seller to refund, regardless of insurance. So it's there to protect the seller.

I usually only buy insurance for items that are REALLY expensive (like over $50) which I rarely have. That's a lot of money to tack on every time you ship something and not something I normally take into account in pricing. I always thought of insurance as more for breakable items....

Advertisement

debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
IF you go to the post office, you can ask for a Acceptance receipt. This is a receipt that has the weight (as weighed by the post office) and the tracking numbers of every package you drop off. They will scan them in as "accepted" by the post office at the time you get that receipt. (**I rarely have issues with my post office not scanning them. On occasion they don't but then they are scanned at the sort facility. It is annoying because it looks to the buyer like I mailed the packages a day later than I really did!)
So the post office really is a better way to go gamble-wise.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
Thanks, Becca! That's what I'm getting from looking at old threads too. And it sounds like the delivery confirmation often isn't scanned even when you take it to the post office. So any way you do it, there's a gamble involved....
It is rare that a package will not be scanned delivered. They HAVE to scan it when delivered bc that's what you are paying for. Out of thousands of packages I've shipped I've had 2 go missing. It has nothing to do with whether it not you go to the po. Shipping online is easier and cheaper. They will pick up any packages. It does not have to fit in your mailbox for them to pick up
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
It is rare that a package will not be scanned delivered. They HAVE to scan it when delivered bc that's what you are paying for. Out of thousands of packages I've shipped I've had 2 go missing. It has nothing to do with whether it not you go to the po. Shipping online is easier and cheaper. They will pick up any packages. It does not have to fit in your mailbox for them to pick up
Thank You!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #15
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:

Thank You!
No problem. Seemed you were getting a lot of mixed messages
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

Oh! Sorry I meant its not always scanned when they receive it at the post office. They do scan it when it's delivered. The gamble part I mentioned was on the possibility of it getting lost in transit. Not the final delivery scan.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #17
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Oh! Sorry I meant its not always scanned when they receive it at the post office. They do scan it when it's delivered. The gamble part I mentioned was on the possibility of it getting lost in transit. Not the final delivery scan.
No, I appreciate your giving me that warning b/c it is a concern. I just think that when shipping relatively low cost things, the cost for adding insurance EVERY time might outweigh the risk.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

No, I appreciate your giving me that warning b/c it is a concern. I just think that when shipping relatively low cost things, the cost for adding insurance EVERY time might outweigh the risk.
I agree. I have only purchased insurance twice. Other times I just cross my fingers and plan on taking the loss if its less than $30
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
FWIW, my mailman scans the packages at his truck if I ask him to. Saves me the trip to the PO. I don't get a receipt but I watch him scan it with the handheld machine.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll View Post
FWIW, my mailman scans the packages at his truck if I ask him to. Saves me the trip to the PO. I don't get a receipt but I watch him scan it with the handheld machine.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants