Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

LG front loader mamas!

Do you love your washer? We are thinking about purchasing one today and replacing our toploader. We found one at a good price with rebates. It would be the one with steam, sanitary, and water plus. I just NEED it to work good for cloth with our hard water.

Thanks a bunch

Advertisement

Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a horrible time with my LG FL and cloth. DD had horrible rashes because I just could get diapers rinsed well enough. I'm pretty sure I actually killed the washer by doing so many rinses and stopping it mid cycle to rinse again. (Oops).

That being said, mine was a few years old, did not have steam cycle or button for extra rinses. I also liked the washer for all of our regular clothes.

I am moderately to mostly satisfied with our HE TL (whirlpool Cabrio). Like that it has quick rinse cycle, ability to shut off spin on any cycle, rinse cycle, and drain and spin cycle (for woollies). I love the delay wash button.

Good luck in washer shopping. I called around and found a good deal on a scratch and dent model. There is also an online Whirlpool outlet with pretty good prices.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

We bought ours this past summer and love it. I have not had any issues with getting clothes or diapers clean.
MamaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: LG front loader mamas!

Front load LG I love. Cloth is just fine.....
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code YCK-JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBearof4
We bought ours this past summer and love it. I have not had any issues with getting clothes or diapers clean.
It sounds like the one we have is similar to what you are looking at. I use the prewash and extra rinses on my diaper loads. It works great
MamaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I'm pretty sure that's the model we have and I it! We've had ours almost two years and we live in a super hard water area and it does great for our clothes and diapers.

I can't say enough good things about our LG!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Thanks girls. I think the water plus option and the internal water heater really make the difference.

This is the one we would be getting
http://www.lg.com/us/washers/lg-WM22...nt-load-washer
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

OK we bought today I couldnt pass up the good deal. Any LG mamas care to share their wash routine? Thanks so much
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
snugglebutter
Registered Users
seller

I do the prewash, hot wash/cold rinse with the soil level on high, extra rinse. Mine doesn't have water plus. It has the sanitize setting but I don't use it.
S - happy to be homeschooling and expecting #5!
snugglebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #10
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Rinse and spin with spin off to get everything wet

Bulky with the following selected: water plus,hot, heavy soil, prewash. 2 tablespoons of detergent

One extra rinse and soon

I'm still not sure if I love out LG front loader or not. I have to be wry careful to use the exact right amount of detergent and need to rinse a lot (it seems) to remove all the detergent. And I could never her microfiber clean! I had to ditch it all for natural fibers
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote