Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tell me what you know about BabyLand pocket diapers

I see they are very inexpensive on eBay, just can't really find any info on them anywhere. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been using them for 9 months. I added hip snaps. I don't care much for the fit. I have the snap kind. Elastic and snaps are still great. PUL is fine.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me what you know about BabyLand pocket diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
I have been using them for 9 months. I added hip snaps. I don't care much for the fit. I have the snap kind. Elastic and snaps are still great. PUL is fine.
Problems with drooping? Hmm... could you post pics of where you added hip snaps? I wouldn't be sure of where good placement would be.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I've been using them as laundry day diapers for 5 months. Before that I used them as swim diapers on a 2.5 year old. The short answer is:
If you can add hip snaps they are awesome stash-padders.
I don't think you would be happy with a full stash of them, but to pad out a small stash they are great for the price.

They fit smaller than all other 1 size diapers out there, and started fitting my girl really well at 2 months. The PUL is adequate, not the thickest stuff in the world, but I've got 6 and none have delaminated or anything. I wouldn't trust it in the dryer though. The fleece inside pilled the same rate as my other fleece inner diapers. I've never had a leak with them, and the insert that comes with them held well until around 5 months, then I had to add a doubler.

All in all, if they are all you can afford, go for it. If you can afford a bit more, go for Alvas. If you can afford more than that go for Fuzzibuns/ Diaper safari/ Bum Genius.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had mostly BG 3.0 (back in the day) and they fell apart faster than my Babylands. Im talking de-elastic, apex destroyed. I only buy from hairworld seller on eBay though. A friend bought hers from someone else and they de-PULed after a few months. I bought a stash for my 4 kiddo (girl) and still 2+ yrs later use them. I bought (from same seller) another stash (boyish) for my 5th almost a year and going strong. Love them and can't recommend them enough (hairworld seller). I won't buy any other diapers now
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought a couple from Ebay for $1.50 each with free shipping. I never used them because they run very small and wouldn't have fit my 12 month old. The snaps seemed pretty cheap and they just didn't look like they would fit well- also the insert they came with were like glorified washcloths.

I ended up giving them away on ffs as just free because I would have felt bad having anyone pay anything at all for them, even shipping.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i did not like them at all! the fit was awful, they were flimsy and mine had no hip snaps so the wing droop was terrible. i have some alva pocket diapers, those are much much nicer and a good inexpensive option.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I will take a picture as soon as I get a chance. I have been drying on high heat the whole time and no problems with the PUL.

Hip snaps are a must.

Last edited by adjroberts; 03-31-2013 at 07:37 PM.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Here is a picture of where I added the hip snaps. They are the orange ones. Lulu is 6 months old and I have to add a third snap setting as the ones that are on there are getting a little tight.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

I think they r great covers with prefolds. I know they r pocket diapers but i have a hard time getting them absorb water... They r very cheap thou. I paid $60 dollars for 30 of them with inserts. Some snaps were bad on arrival but the eBay seller replaced them for me.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote