Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

For the first time in almost 5 years....I feel like quitting.

Baby boy put up a terrible fuss today, and twice I changed him into a disposable and he stopped crying immediately. * sigh*

I feel like quitting. I feel like he's never liked cloth. Daycare requires disposables, so he already is in them half the time. And I'm sick of laundry...two in cloth means we can fill the pail in a day. And of course I just wrapped up a buying spree. I already spent too much on diapers so its not like I'm saving any money...

I never thought I would say this but I think I need a disposables break. Talk me out of selling my stash out of exasperation. Talk me out of signing up for amazon mom. Convince me that Ill be able to get back into cloth after a break even with a kid who doesn't like them....

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the first time in almost 5 years....I feel like quitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
Baby boy put up a terrible fuss today, and twice I changed him into a disposable and he stopped crying immediately. * sigh*

I feel like quitting. I feel like he's never liked cloth. Daycare requires disposables, so he already is in them half the time. And I'm sick of laundry...two in cloth means we can fill the pail in a day. And of course I just wrapped up a buying spree. I already spent too much on diapers so its not like I'm saving any money...

I never thought I would say this but I think I need a disposables break. Talk me out of selling my stash out of exasperation. Talk me out of signing up for amazon mom. Convince me that Ill be able to get back into cloth after a break even with a kid who doesn't like them....
all of us who have been in it for the long haul go through it. i just went through it big time, but i didnt sell off my stash (thankfully!). i think we all need a cloth break sometimes and its ok! i have felt like quitting so many times too. but i always end up back in love with cloth. if you do take a break and dont find the love again, its ok too. but i bet you will!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Heck! I've been taking a cloth break for a while now. I only use cloth at night bc they work better for ds. But I got tired of the laundry, the leaks, the frequent changes of clothes & using flips the complicated changes (put in insert & then try to put it on a squirmy toddler & keep everything in place) or the stuffing! Ugh. I stopped using pockets a while ago bc I began to hate stuffing them. & switched to flips thinking it would be easier- but it's just a different challenge. {if I had enough AIOs that worked I might still be using cloth, but I can't afford a stash of AIOs & i don't even know what would work for my super soaking toddler} I think we will PT soon.

So I say, if your sanity, life, whatever needs a break then take it! You have my permission.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

allow yourself a break!

I bet you'll want to break out the CD soon, but if you don't, its ok. Really.

(we are daycare disposable also. I'd feel the same if my DS "told" me he didn't like cloth.)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Take a break. I did. And now I'm back in and very happy about it.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am currently on a CD break. I was too stressed out with the laundry. We have a tiny apartment washer and no dryer, so the folding and stuffing just got too overwhelming. DS is essentially refusing to potty train so I have two in diapers, which actually means 1.5 loads in my tiny washer each day. I just couldn't keep up, and realized I was spending valuable work time folding diapers (I work from home). So I've been on a break since thanksgiving. Makes me sad actually, but I'm hoping I can get a better handle on my time soon and that DS pts before he's 4 lol. DD might even beat him to it!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all the encouragement, both here and on PM. It is nice to hear stories of others' experiences with the same thing.

I am seriously debating selling all but the prefolds, flats and covers. I have more than enough of all of those to diaper both full time, but at least if I took a break I wouldn't feel guilty for having all these expensive diapers lying around unused. I'd probably save back a few AIO's to scratch the itch when I get sick of flats (again). And yet at the same time, the idea of selling almost brand new BGE's and my Artist Series 4.0's almost sickens me.

I need a new obsession, seriously. These are pee & poop catchers, for pete's sake. I used to sell stuff on ebay, but then I got into cloth diapers. Maybe I should look into that again.....
Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
McDMom
Registered Users

I plan on a mama cloth obsession when I have no kid left in cloth.