Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

covers for 2/3mo old?

This will be my second child i will be using cloth with. It will be used along with disposables on occaision. With my first i used homemade flannel flats folded into a rectangle and layed i a flip cover. I didnt settle on this method until he was about 6/7mo old. Between 2-6 months old i expirimented with different things such as kite fold, wool, pins and using a snappi. Flips woth a rectangular folded flat seemed to be trimmest while very absorbant.

This time i want to make smaller flats to fold and lie in aa flip cover while baby is smaller. My question is, how will a flip fit a 2/3mo old? Will it be trim if i use a say 27x30inch flat (my other flats i made to be almost 32x32) folded in a rectangle and placed in a flip cover?

Btw my baby will most pikely be on the large side, my son wore 6mo clothes (length and weight) by the time he was 3mo old and my daughter is alot taller than most of her peers aswell.

Advertisement

Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Re: covers for 2/3mo old?

Btw cost is very very important which is why i chose flip covers because they lasted my son until he was 2 and potty trained. He was 34lbs and 38inches tall.
Expecting #4 August 2015
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son is 3 months old and 15 lbs and has been wearing Flips on the smallest rise since about 2 months /13 lbs though I think they would probably have fit decently at 10 lbs or so. I mostly use prefolds in them but i also have imagine flats from Nickis diapers, which start out at 27x27 and shrink down to around 25x25. They are the perfect size for the Flips on the smallest rise when padfolded. 27x27 would probably work fine, but you might have to fold down a little in front.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

My baby fits into flips at 8weeks old and 11lbs. It's very bulky on her, but works well. I use it with a yellow edge workhorse as my nighttime diaper. I've tried it with a trifolded prefold and I didn't like the fit on her.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
missrachelk
Registered Users
seller

for bigger baby you should be fine. flips still dont fit my 12# skinny mini
missrachelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started cloth diapering when my daughter was about 10lbs. She's very chunky and I started out using and still use flips. She's almost 8 months and 22lbs.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

I actually wasn't crazy about flips on DS1 or DS2, but I got some aplix ones and they're my favorite cover for my 2.5-month-old. I mostly use them over boingo'd prefolds, but I've also laid an Alva bamboo blend insert in there and it's worked great.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinande View Post
My son is 3 months old and 15 lbs and has been wearing Flips on the smallest rise since about 2 months /13 lbs though I think they would probably have fit decently at 10 lbs or so. I mostly use prefolds in them but i also have imagine flats from Nickis diapers, which start out at 27x27 and shrink down to around 25x25. They are the perfect size for the Flips on the smallest rise when padfolded. 27x27 would probably work fine, but you might have to fold down a little in front.
so how bulky are they with a flat that has shrunk down to 25X25? Does your baby fit in clothes that would fit if he were to wear a sposie?

Thats why I liked flips with a flat on my son once I started using them at around 7 months all the way up till he was potty trained. I never had to put im in clothes that were too big just so his diaper would fit
Expecting #4 August 2015