Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Winter walking

And I'm not talking snowshoeing!

I live in a cesspit of winter weather, so it snows for 4-6 months out of the year. I live in a nice little neighborhood where people walk, ride bikes, and jog during the dry times. I'd like to get more active (I can feel my butt widening as I type this), but I'm not looking at anything crazy intense just yet...just something to get me moving. They're pretty good about plowing the roads here, but I'm wondering what I should walk in when it's cold/wet/snowy. I have boots that are plenty warm, but it strikes me that's not the best idea...I'm thinking there must be something more appropriate? And if it cost less than $100 (since this is pretty much recreational), that'd be great.

Any suggestions? TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Winter walking

I'd say if you need boots, wear boots? If you are worried about slipping you can get these metal spring looking things that slip over your boots to give you more traction. I thought there were called moose tracks but I can't find them under that with a quick search.

Not sure what you'd be looking for.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I'd say if you need boots, wear boots? If you are worried about slipping you can get these metal spring looking things that slip over your boots to give you more traction. I thought there were called moose tracks but I can't find them under that with a quick search.

Not sure what you'd be looking for.
I was thinking maybe somebody'd have recs about shoes more along the lines of hiking/terrain shoes that could withstand the weather & are better designed for the normal flex of the foot, rather than the boots designed for clomping from car to house or behind the snowblower, KWIM?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I run in all weather conditions. When it's going to be wet, I slip a plastic Baggie over my sock before I put my foot in my shoe. I also wear smartwool socks. My feet are never cold.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote