Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

Easiest high chair to clean?

We've been feeding baby in the bumbo (on the floor:-) and he is making a complete mess of himself by sticking his hands in his mouth after every bite! I've just recently heard about BLW and think he'd be great at it, so I'd like to find a high chair that doesn't have as many crevices and places for food to get stuck or stained on. I don't forsee myself doing much other than wiping down the visible areas of the high chair, but it bothers me that food gets stuck under little plastic grooves and stuff. I don't want to have to go in with a q-tip for cleaning Does anyone have any suggestions for brands/models to look for? Something not too expensive??

Advertisement

neatostacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easiest high chair to clean?

I just make sure everything is washable and then hose it down outside or in the bathtub every once in a while.

As for a high chair. I really like the ones that attach to a regular chair.

We have the fisher price space saver.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
mamalusbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

Inglesina makes a great portable high chair if you're looking for one...it's washable too. In addition to that, I'd reccomend purchasing a splat mat.
mamalusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the same question. I was looking at one that attaches to the table but im such a worry wort. I keep thinking its going to fall off with the baby in it.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I have the healthy care booster, Fisher Price I think? No crevices, no padding, tray insert pops into the dishwasher, wipes out pretty easily. I have a big behemoth one in the downstairs and it's a PITA to clean. Much prefer the booster.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the ikea ones!! They are solid color plastic, with detatchable tray. No padding. I can hose it off occasionally too! For boosters, once they are about 2yrs old, I like the squooshie ones. (hmm, don't know if I spelled that right.) They are all one piece, and soft like a bumbo. Until my babies can sit up alone, I feed them in a bouncy seat(as long as it doesn't lay back much). I put a beach towel over the seat. And then another towel over their lap. It makes clean up really easy!!!
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

I third (or fourth?) the Fisher Price healthy care booster. We use it from 5 months to 5 years on all our kids.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

I'll have to check out the fisher price booster. I have an ikea red plastic one that is very simple and easy to clean, but my daughter was able to twist and squirm her way out as soon as she was starting to pull up. The fall hazard is pretty great for my kids who like to get out! I think it's because the back isn't very high. Does the fisher price have a 5 point harness?
neatostacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschool6 View Post
I love the ikea ones!! They are solid color plastic, with detatchable tray. No padding. I can hose it off occasionally too! For boosters, once they are about 2yrs old, I like the squooshie ones. (hmm, don't know if I spelled that right.) They are all one piece, and soft like a bumbo. Until my babies can sit up alone, I feed them in a bouncy seat(as long as it doesn't lay back much). I put a beach towel over the seat. And then another towel over their lap. It makes clean up really easy!!!

Great idea! I never thought of that....Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Ikea has one for $20 which is awesome. No crevices and the legs pop off so you can fit the entire seat in the sink to soak it...if stuff should happen to get dried on.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote