Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Do you think creams reduce/prevent wrinkles?

I use a basic eye cream for moisture at night and Hylexin for dark circles during the day, I have been getting more lines And I wonder if I should upgrade to a "wrinkle fighting" eye cream

But I wonder if they actually work

I use an all natural night cream, the moisture cream is 90% all natural, the Hylexin isn't but it's a chemical to target that concern, which I can understand the science behind

but the science behind remove wrinkles?

THANKS in advance for helping

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you think creams reduce/prevent wrinkles?

Not remove but hide. Moisture in general will plump up wrinkles and some stimulants will temporarily tighten, but not remove. If they removed than you wouldn't have to use the cream permanently. I have no idea about ones that stimulate collagen production, my bet is they don't really smooth wrinkles but plump them but the collagen production should help with other signs of aging.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

I don't use any yet, but I am thinking it is time to. I do not use any lotions or products with chemicals on my skin, but I have a link to a DIY wrinkle treatment made with essential oils: http://www.herbsandoilsworld.com/the...ial-oil-blend/

Last edited by northknoxmomma; 01-06-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: adding link
northknoxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
What jbug said. I use hyaluronic acid which is a chemical (naturally occurring or man made) that binds moisture to it. I use it because my skin is dry. I don't worry about wrinkles so much but I do make sure my skin is hydrated and I use products with the most gentle ingredients I can. That's my wrinkle plan.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I don't. I'm 28, and I'm not paying $50+ for face lotion that can't defy genetics. My people stay youthful looking for a while, and then one day, wham! It all catches up anyway.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Not remove but hide. Moisture in general will plump up wrinkles and some stimulants will temporarily tighten, but not remove. If they removed than you wouldn't have to use the cream permanently. I have no idea about ones that stimulate collagen production, my bet is they don't really smooth wrinkles but plump them but the collagen production should help with other signs of aging.
This. I didnt even believe a cream could do this until I tried rosehip oil as a face moisturizer that is said to help wrinkles too (not a cream, but an EO) and I can see a big difference when I use the oil for a few days vs. when I get lazy about it. I really just needed a moisturizer, but reducing wrinkles is a plus. I know Im in a losing battle though. I have a small amount of native american in me, (my great great grandmother was 100%) and everyone going back to her in my family has BAD wrinkles, and those genes are very dominant in me...her picture looks like my twin, so I know Im doomed. I have deepset eyes that have always had wrinkles, and I started getting visible crows feet and the parenthesis around my mouth by the time I turned 20.

Last edited by harmoni247; 01-06-2013 at 07:58 AM.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No. I think a healthy lifestyle with nutritious foods, exercise, and not smoking/etc are what helps. As well as genetics. Special things may hide it, but it won't take it away and you'd have to keep doing it to continue to hide it.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
MyLovely
Registered Users

Nope, the most important factor IMO is to protect your skin from the sun and use good-quality face washes and moisturizers. Sometimes I'd really love to go to the tanning bed just once or twice, but I look at my peers who have been tanning since high school and they (23-25) look like they're 30.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think face care def prevents. genetics plays a large part as well as lifestyle. washing your face every night and wearing sunscreen during the day are probably the most important things you can do for prevention. that said i wear an eye cream i got at aldi and olay face cream at night. i get it on ebay and it's much cheaper than in store.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and wear sunglasses too. my friend is 5 years younger than me and has horrible crows feet from squinting
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote