Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

When will my period return?

My DD is almost 14 months old and I still nurse her at night (just once, at bedtime) but have weaned her during the day. I am not sure when we will stop the night feedings as we both enjoy them.

I am just wondering when I should get my period back? With my other two kids I totally weaned them at one year so my period returned after that but I have no experience with extended breastfeeding. Do some women not get their period until they have completely weaned?

I know this sounds silly, but I had my tubes tied and have been having dreams that I am pregnant so this whole not having my period thing kind of adds fuel to the fire.

So, not that I am complaining about not having my period yet, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen also.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: When will my period return?

Gah, lucky! Got mine back at 8mo PP. I've read a lot of these threads, and it varies. Some women get them back at 6-8wks PP, some not until they've completely weaned or months after like say 14mo, 18mo, 26mo, etc.
As I understand it, the more and more solids child eats, the earlier child is sleeping through the night, and further spacing between nursing sessions, more likely your period will return.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I ebf my first and mine came back at about 5 1/2 mo pp. this time I ebf and she's 7 1/2 mo old and I still don't have it but I've sworn that I feel like I could start anytime the past couple of months. I think it would help these crazy mood swings if I did!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
I ebf my first and mine came back at about 5 1/2 mo pp. this time I ebf and she's 7 1/2 mo old and I still don't have it but I've sworn that I feel like I could start anytime the past couple of months. I think it would help these crazy mood swings if I did!
I know how you feel! I have been feeling like I could get my period, but I think it is all in my head because then the symptoms go away.

I love not having it, but I hate not knowing when it is going to come. Plus, I like the reassurance that I am not pregnant when it comes every month (though as I said before, my tubes are tied so I am just being super paranoid).
Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Gah, lucky! Got mine back at 8mo PP. I've read a lot of these threads, and it varies. Some women get them back at 6-8wks PP, some not until they've completely weaned or months after like say 14mo, 18mo, 26mo, etc.
As I understand it, the more and more solids child eats, the earlier child is sleeping through the night, and further spacing between nursing sessions, more likely your period will return.
This as mine came back right away pp af..... u r lucky.... no tubes tied though. It might take bit with tubal.....
Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
I still nurse DD twice a day, and I just got my period at 15 months pp.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still bf'ing my 15 month old and just got super light period last month for about two days. I still nurse at least 2 to 3 times a day and during the night.
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Everyone is different. I got mine back after DD2 starting alerting in a different room so she couldn't nurse all night long. I think it took a week or two after the move, and then I got preggo again a week later. Hehe

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Af will return at various times like mine was right away.some say few months some say after breast feeding stopped....
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine is returning now :/. Dd will be 8 months on the 15yh.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote