Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sort of OT question...

I need to pay for our farm share soon so we can have produce for the next year. I have to have a c-section to get this baby out of me and I have yet to have my first OB appointment. So due to my hospital having this nifty e-mail program to ask non urgent questions, I emailed them today to find out when my OB does deliveries. They replied with this:
Quote:
Really depends on the hospital rotation, but most times on Thursday's and I can not say for sure every Thursday! Rotations may change depending on cross coverage for other physicians.
My son, 4 years ago, was born on a Friday by her.

I technically have till the end of February to pay for the farm share and decide what day I should do. However I don't like waiting till the last minute. My OB appointment is on Feb. 12.

My choices for farm pick up are Tuesday or Thursday. And yes I know how sad it is that I even care about one week pick up but in July when I am due (well when the baby will come) we will be getting a lot of produce! So yes it does matter.

So what would you do?

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sort of OT question...

could someone pick them up for you?
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I need to pay for our farm share soon so we can have produce for the next year. I have to have a c-section to get this baby out of me and I have yet to have my first OB appointment. So due to my hospital having this nifty e-mail program to ask non urgent questions, I emailed them today to find out when my OB does deliveries. They replied with this: My son, 4 years ago, was born on a Friday by her.

I technically have till the end of February to pay for the farm share and decide what day I should do. However I don't like waiting till the last minute. My OB appointment is on Feb. 12.

My choices for farm pick up are Tuesday or Thursday. And yes I know how sad it is that I even care about one week pick up but in July when I am due (well when the baby will come) we will be getting a lot of produce! So yes it does matter.

So what would you do?
My CSA allows you to call one or two weeks out of the share and they will hold it for a few days. Can you pick Tuesday, and then if by chance it is on a Tuesday you can see if they can do a special pickup for you on Wed, Thurs, or Fri, and if someone else can pick it up for you?
Hungry Caterpillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The problem is while I will have family around for the delivery (assuming I get to scheduled c-section date), I deliver about 1 hour from home and this farm. I guess my mom could get it should it fall on that date. Hmm... I don't know many people that know that area where the farm is. I guess I could see if I can pick up on the opposite day if need be. DH will likely have to go back on Saturday to get "U pick" portion of the farm share. They don't allow pick up on the Saturday either.