Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

I feel like I fell on a bar, with my legs spread. I'm almost 23 weeks. It's too early for this! I feel SO heavy in the front. I feel like my pelvis is splitting in half. No ctx today, not even BH, so I am pretty sure that I am fine there. I feel like someone hammered on my pubic bone, in the front... Me and DH DTD two nights ago, but it wasn't rough at all, and I figured the soreness would have been yesterday, not today. Ergh. I am fine if I am sitting down, but when I stand up/walk is when it gets paid. Pain scale, 3-4. Nothing horrific at all... just, really uncomfortable. I am already waddling! It's too early for this mess!! Ugh! I worry about what's to come...

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Sorry you are feeling like this. I am 16 weeks and am having similar pain. I went to Dr. because I started dilating at 13 weeks when pg with my son. He says it is from the hormone relaxin and I am feeling it so early because this is my 4th pg. (That has made it this far). Have you had several pg's also? That might be what is going on. I hope it gets better!
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
Sorry you are feeling like this. I am 16 weeks and am having similar pain. I went to Dr. because I started dilating at 13 weeks when pg with my son. He says it is from the hormone relaxin and I am feeling it so early because this is my 4th pg. (That has made it this far). Have you had several pg's also? That might be what is going on. I hope it gets better!
Yes, this is my fifth pregnancy, fourth baby. Ahhhh. I really hope I'm not dilating, but like I said, no contractions or anything today, so I think I'm okay there.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like pubic symphisis pain. The pubic symphisis is the joint at the front of the pelvis. The relaxin causes those ligaments to relax and can cause your pelvis to get misaligned and it hurts, particularly when walking or standing on one leg at a time (I.e. getting dressed, getting in and out of the shower). I had that in the third tri and saw a chiropractor who works a lot with pregnant women and he helped that tremendously. After the first appointment it was noticeably better and after the 3rd adjustment I wasn't in pain anymore. Warm baths also helped take the pressure off, but only helped while I was in them.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Is there any risk with going into labor early because of this? PTL SCARES me to death. I don't want to google anything, because we all know - that's the devil!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

It is my understanding it is only working on relaxing the pelvic area, but should not affect dilation. I am scared too, but at my last us they said the size of cervix measurement was good.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
It is my understanding it is only working on relaxing the pelvic area, but should not affect dilation. I am scared too, but at my last us they said the size of cervix measurement was good.
Okay. I was told at a cervical check at 12-13 weeks that my cervix was "long, closed tight, and high." So... I'm assuming that I am okay in that department. If I start having ctx (BH or otherwise) I will definitely talk to my doctor. I don't think I need to worry about it at this point... it'll just make me crazy, lol.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, what they said! My fourth baby was the WORST and this time #5 is actually not as bad. I am 34 weeks and most times it is a non-issue. I wish I could tell you it was going to get better but...Not so much. It took a week or so after I delivered for it to get better.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had that with my first but none at all with the second. I don't think you have to worry about preterm labor unless other things are going on; I'm pretty sure that they are not related.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
leyash
Registered Users
seller

For those that HAVE had it, how early did it start? 23 weeks just seems a bit too soon for this. :/

I have REALLY large babies... 9 and 10 pounds (I'm not a big girl by any means), and I am just afraid that if I am this uncomfortable, this soon.. what in the world is it going to be like at 28, 30, 32 weeks? Ahhh. :/