Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bluegrass Country
Posts: 1,428
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

I have this and sciatic pain especially when I stand on 1 leg- putting on pants ect. I start seeing a chiropractor Tuesday.

Advertisement

__________________
Mama married to my soulmate and homebirth partner. I am a co-sleeping, , ing, babywearing, ERF, and delayed vaxing mama to two intact boys (6/2010) & (4/2013).
ISO/IHA

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
samham's Avatar
samham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
For those that HAVE had it, how early did it start? 23 weeks just seems a bit too soon for this. :/

I have REALLY large babies... 9 and 10 pounds (I'm not a big girl by any means), and I am just afraid that if I am this uncomfortable, this soon.. what in the world is it going to be like at 28, 30, 32 weeks? Ahhh. :/
I've had the same type of pain for a few months and am now almost 32 weeks. It sucks but hasn't affected anything else. DS was 8 lbs, big for my size, but a rough labor as he came out sideways etc. I think that may have something to do with why this baby is so painful but there's not a whole lot to do. Pillow between legs, butterfly stretches, not crossing legs, etc seems to help.
__________________
Wife to my hero & hero to 2 amazing little men.
samham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Green Decals's Avatar
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,934
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

I had it with my 1st pregnancy, baby was 6 pounds at 35 weeks, and my 3rd baby, 36 weeks and still cooking. My 2nd baby, born at 10 pounds 4 ounces at 40 weeks, I didn't have it at all. It took 6 months to fully resolve after my first, it was bad. But, it is bone-type pain, the pubic joint just at the top of your hair line (or thereabouts) - and as everything relaxes, it opens up and sometimes "pops" or shifts, especially when rolling over at night.

There is another thing I have experienced this pregnancy, which is tissue pain after DTD. It feels like I am all swollen and my inners are going to fall out of my underside, only a major issue when I stand up, and for the first day or 2 following DTD. Talk about putting a damper in my sex life! Ugh! Anyway, my midwife calls it "baboon vulva" and that is totally it, feels like I am swollen as big as monkey lips! Anyway, sorry if TMI, but if that is what you are experiencing, witch hazel on a pad works wonders.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
I had it with my 1st pregnancy, baby was 6 pounds at 35 weeks, and my 3rd baby, 36 weeks and still cooking. My 2nd baby, born at 10 pounds 4 ounces at 40 weeks, I didn't have it at all. It took 6 months to fully resolve after my first, it was bad. But, it is bone-type pain, the pubic joint just at the top of your hair line (or thereabouts) - and as everything relaxes, it opens up and sometimes "pops" or shifts, especially when rolling over at night.

There is another thing I have experienced this pregnancy, which is tissue pain after DTD. It feels like I am all swollen and my inners are going to fall out of my underside, only a major issue when I stand up, and for the first day or 2 following DTD. Talk about putting a damper in my sex life! Ugh! Anyway, my midwife calls it "baboon vulva" and that is totally it, feels like I am swollen as big as monkey lips! Anyway, sorry if TMI, but if that is what you are experiencing, witch hazel on a pad works wonders.
It's definitely bone pain. Nothing at all on the outside as far as pain/sensitivity. It's DEEP... like, feels like someone hammered on my pubic bone, lol. Definitely not pleasant. The more I walk/move, the faster it goes away... but man. It mostly happens after I sit for awhile. It may also be posture related.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
oregonmom's Avatar
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,525
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
For those that HAVE had it, how early did it start? 23 weeks just seems a bit too soon for this. :/

I have REALLY large babies... 9 and 10 pounds (I'm not a big girl by any means), and I am just afraid that if I am this uncomfortable, this soon.. what in the world is it going to be like at 28, 30, 32 weeks? Ahhh. :/
With my first it showed up around week 30, with #2 and #3 around week 27, with this one I started noticing it around week 22 and now at 29 weeks I can not put on pants standing up. I cry out almost every time I have to stand up or sit down. Walking is also very painful. This will be my 4th child, but is my 6th pregnancy.
__________________
Alisha: SAHM and teacher to 3 great boys 03/2002, 11/2005, 11/2007, and one great girl -03/2013 2 Angel babies 7/2010,10/5/2011-
Come join the swag fun- www.swagbucks.com/refer/monekeysmom
oregonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
jessicanashville's Avatar
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boring Indiana
Posts: 2,880
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

I feel ya mama! Random times throughout the day my legs feel like they are gonna come unhooked from my body at the crotch They feel so loose and hurt on insides of my legs...so weird.

BTW: I am 26 weeks 5 days and I have only noticed it the last week or so after sitting at work. I have heard of women having horrible varicose veins and them sometimes even rupturing and them bleeding horribly...not something I want to think about, lol
__________________
Single, working 2 jobs mama to 3 boys Jace (7), Myles (4), Kip (6months), I ship once MAYBE twice a week.
ISO/IHA:http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post16975682
My store:https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeriwinkleParsnips

Last edited by jessicanashville; 01-06-2013 at 06:36 PM.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

The things we go through for our kids...
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
mommycass's Avatar
mommycass
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 936
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
I had it with my 1st pregnancy, baby was 6 pounds at 35 weeks, and my 3rd baby, 36 weeks and still cooking. My 2nd baby, born at 10 pounds 4 ounces at 40 weeks, I didn't have it at all. It took 6 months to fully resolve after my first, it was bad. But, it is bone-type pain, the pubic joint just at the top of your hair line (or thereabouts) - and as everything relaxes, it opens up and sometimes "pops" or shifts, especially when rolling over at night.

There is another thing I have experienced this pregnancy, which is tissue pain after DTD. It feels like I am all swollen and my inners are going to fall out of my underside, only a major issue when I stand up, and for the first day or 2 following DTD. Talk about putting a damper in my sex life! Ugh! Anyway, my midwife calls it "baboon vulva" and that is totally it, feels like I am swollen as big as monkey lips! Anyway, sorry if TMI, but if that is what you are experiencing, witch hazel on a pad works wonders.
Do you have vaginal vericose veins? I experience something similar after DTD and thought it was because of VVV. I can't stand for more than 5 min or am in terrible pain down there and have shooting pains from my buttocks to my thighs for a day or two afterwards.

OP; I do get the pubic pain now which I didn't have with my other pregnancies. I'm having lots of contractions and menstrual type cramps radiating to my back. I'm almost 36 weeks now. This started around 32 I think and just keeps getting more uncomfortable and frequent I've gone past my EDD with my last 3 but can't imagine going past this time with all my bodies activity!
I worried about preterm labor too. Had a cervical check at 32 weeks because I swore I was dilating. I was soft and maybe a finger tip. With my 3rd I was 4 cm for the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. Our bodies know what to do. Its frustrating but try not to worry. If you think you could be dilating request a check to ease your mind. Its probably just the pubic pain I would think
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
Green Decals's Avatar
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,934
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass View Post
Do you have vaginal vericose veins? I experience something similar after DTD and thought it was because of VVV. I can't stand for more than 5 min or am in terrible pain down there and have shooting pains from my buttocks to my thighs for a day or two afterwards.

OP; I do get the pubic pain now which I didn't have with my other pregnancies. I'm having lots of contractions and menstrual type cramps radiating to my back. I'm almost 36 weeks now. This started around 32 I think and just keeps getting more uncomfortable and frequent I've gone past my EDD with my last 3 but can't imagine going past this time with all my bodies activity!
I worried about preterm labor too. Had a cervical check at 32 weeks because I swore I was dilating. I was soft and maybe a finger tip. With my 3rd I was 4 cm for the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. Our bodies know what to do. Its frustrating but try not to worry. If you think you could be dilating request a check to ease your mind. Its probably just the pubic pain I would think
Nope, I even had DH do a super thorough check thinking it MUST be a VVV.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarnjess View Post
It sounds like pubic symphisis pain.


And, no, it won't cause any pre-term labor or cervical changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
For those that HAVE had it, how early did it start? 23 weeks just seems a bit too soon for this. :/
I have hip/pelvic pain when I'm not pregnant, but it definitely worsens with pregnancy. It starts within the first couple months, for me, and gets worse as hormones get produced and going in my body, and as baby grows and there's more weight in/on my pelvis.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.