Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Haven't posted here in awhile! Pain in between legs. :(

I don't think 23 wks is too early.

I agree it is the pubic symphasis affected by the relaxin. No, it should not cause cervical changes.

Chiropractic adjustment helps a ton.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
I don't think 23 wks is too early.

I agree it is the pubic symphasis affected by the relaxin. No, it should not cause cervical changes.

Chiropractic adjustment helps a ton.
I agree, I've been having this pain since 16 weeks as have a few other mamas I've talked to, it sucks but not anything to be super conserned with.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #23
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
For those that HAVE had it, how early did it start? 23 weeks just seems a bit too soon for this. :/

I have REALLY large babies... 9 and 10 pounds (I'm not a big girl by any means), and I am just afraid that if I am this uncomfortable, this soon.. what in the world is it going to be like at 28, 30, 32 weeks? Ahhh. :/
Mine started around the same. Hate to tell you but it is much worse now and I am walking around like an old lady at 37/4!! Warm baths help a lot though.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

YEP, Pubic symphasis! I have had it in all of my pregnancies and earlier and earlier each time. No worries about PTL or cervical changes, it is the ligaments and bone relaxing. Go get yourself a belly support band. I did for this pregnancy and it made a HUGE difference. I left the maternity store with it on because I could feel such a remarkable difference! I bought one that was wider than the popular ones. It made my hps feel so supported and held together which helped stabilize the pubic bone. Chiropractic care is also helpful, but in my experience it doesn't hold for very long since everything is so loosey goosey do to the hormones. Hope you can find relief! That pain really sucks!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #25
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
YEP, Pubic symphasis! I have had it in all of my pregnancies and earlier and earlier each time. No worries about PTL or cervical changes, it is the ligaments and bone relaxing. Go get yourself a belly support band. I did for this pregnancy and it made a HUGE difference. I left the maternity store with it on because I could feel such a remarkable difference! I bought one that was wider than the popular ones. It made my hps feel so supported and held together which helped stabilize the pubic bone. Chiropractic care is also helpful, but in my experience it doesn't hold for very long since everything is so loosey goosey do to the hormones. Hope you can find relief! That pain really sucks!
Yes, it does. My hips hurt. The top of my legs hurt. My lower back hurts. My tailbone hurts. Ugh. ALLLLL around that area is just so painful! I'm already waddling because it hurts...
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, pubic symphisis pain is the worst! Pressure helped me...actually sex in the Missionary Position. A 3# weight, too. Heat or cold...depending on you. Or laying on your side and having pressure applied to your hips....my LO's used to sit on my hips cuz they're small. Chiropractic care....that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #27
kimberleenama
Registered Users

Yes...SPD...the worst pain ever! My doctor actually just wrote me out of work to go part time until my mat leave starts, because sitting at a desk all day is excruciating. I'm currently 28 weeks with my second. I had it with my first too--but it didn't start this early, or this painful. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, even lift my legs to get into my car. And for me, it was way worse after I delivered my son for about 2 weeks, then it started to get better--I had to use a stool to get in and out of bed after I had him. Certainly not looking forward to that again!

I've tried all the remedies I can think of, and nothing really works. THe most comfortable position I am in at this point is laying in bed, on my side with a pillow between my legs, and a million other pillows supporting the rest of my body.
kimberleenama is offline   Reply With Quote