Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ultrasounds getting gender wrong?

We have had two ultrasounds and before they even told us it was quite clear it was a boy. So, I have no doubts that this baby is a boy.

However, people keep telling me stories about "someone they knew" that thought they were having one gender and at birth it was another soooooooo my question is: Can that really happen? Anyone had that experience and did it totally mess with your mind?

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ultrasounds getting gender wrong?

I've never had that happen. I think it's MORE likely to happen with people that are told it's a girl. Then, the baby comes out with a penis. If you see a penis (the unmistakeable turtle), I really doubt that he's going to come out without it, lol.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
vicky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have known two people that were told the wrong sex. However, each of them only had one ultrasound at 18 weeks. I would have faith that the sex is correct, I had three babies that all came out "right". I think you just have to remember that its' not 100%, just like everything else in medicine. With each of my babies, I was scared the second they came out and had to have them tell me it was "definitely" what the baby was supposed to be.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My sister in law was told boy when her third pregnancy, at 17 weeks, at an elective ultrasound place. At her anatomy scan at 22 weeks, at the hospital, she was told girl and shown several times after nearly having a panic attack on the bed.

He reported his info back to the original ultrasound facility and learned they had recently fired the 'tech' who had done her scan. She was telling clients the wrong gender purposely. Apparently she was also working for another u/s place and when clients called to say they were wrong she would send them there.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
My sister in law was told boy when her third pregnancy, at 17 weeks, at an elective ultrasound place. At her anatomy scan at 22 weeks, at the hospital, she was told girl and shown several times after nearly having a panic attack on the bed.

He reported his info back to the original ultrasound facility and learned they had recently fired the 'tech' who had done her scan. She was telling clients the wrong gender purposely. Apparently she was also working for another u/s place and when clients called to say they were wrong she would send them there.
WHAT?!?! Oh my gosh, that is just wrong!!!

PS Your Avi is making me want a strawberry cupcake in the worst way! I don't even know if that is what that is but that is what it is triggering in me.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I haven't know anyone with thinking its boy and it's a girl but my cousin was told she was having a girl and she got all girl stuff and then she had a boy
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have actually known 3 people that this happened to. All of them were told girl and ended up with boys.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know anyone in real life who had the gender predicted incorrectly by ultrasound. My boys both flashed their goods for the ultrasound. I would guess it's easier to confirm boy than girl though.
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I personally know 2 people who were told they were having boys and ended up with girls. It can happen both ways.

The most recent one I know of happened from a 20+week ultrasound about a year ago. The other was several years back and I don't know how many ultrasounds they had.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boyz

WHAT?!?! Oh my gosh, that is just wrong!!!

PS Your Avi is making me want a strawberry cupcake in the worst way! I don't even know if that is what that is but that is what it is triggering in me.
It was awful. In between being told the (wrong) gender and finding out the correct one, was Christmas. My family has a tradition if buying unborn baby gifts while mama is pregnant over the holiday along with other children. They had picked a name and my mom had bought a wooden name puzzle for him and some little outfits. :/

And to the avi comment. Those were from dds birthday. They looked so delicious I wanted to look at them everyday!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote