Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #81
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 6th- January 12th

Originally Posted by sweetgrace View Post
Yay, thanks guys!! Ashlie-can you move me to the BFP's please and thank you!

Originally Posted by SarasynFox View Post
Okay, I think I'm ready to join all of you mamas. I've been thinking about it for...pretty much as long as I've been on the forums...but I haven't. It's, I don't know, complicated?

Anyhow, I've only got 3.2 years until "no more baby day". I decided a long time ago as a result of my family's reproductive history that I'm not going to take a chance on kids after 35. My partner and I thought we were done after our first together (his 2nd kid, my 3rd). Then, surprise! We found out I was pregnant when we were pretty well trying to avoid...oops... We had our youngest and decided whether he was a boy or a girl, we'd be done. Well, he was a boy. My partner has no girls, so we talked about maybe one more, in a couple of years, you know?

I don't tend to have my cycle while I'm breastfeeding until it's been somewhere around 6 months, so right around 4 months we decided we'd start trying to actively avoid pregnancy. Then, right before Christmas, he stopped caring about taking preventative measures. Since I don't really have a clue when my cycle is going to start, I told him we're taking a huge risk if we're not ready to have more. His theory, "If it happens, it happens." I was totally shocked by this because he's the one that was the most dead set against having another one. We haven't had the big, important talk about it yet (though I think I might sit him down to find out where he stands for sure), but he's definitely put the suggestion out there that 3 years isn't much, and we both want to try one more time. We'd both love to have another girl in the family and I honestly feel like my family isn't complete. The biological clock is ticking and I feel like I'm running out of time, and from what we've talked, he does too. I don't know that we're really ready to have another one, and I don't know when I'm going to start ovulating since I'm breastfeeding anyways and my littlest is only 6 months old, so we're not really in any hurry, but if it happens, it happens, just like my partner said.

Sorry for making this so long and drawn out. I'm just really nervous about putting myself out here. It just feels like it's making everything real, you know? It's like admitting to the possibility that this could actually be real, I might actually be thinking about having another one, and that's a little bit on the intimidating side to me right now. It's what I want. Actually, it's been almost constantly on my mind since Christmas, but I don't know. I bet I sound completely ridiculous, so I'll leave my teetering with that topic and just say:

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all!
Welcome mama! I will get you added to the list

Wife to N (5-21-05), Momma to H (9-9-06), G (6-23-09) and L (2-8-12)
Missionary in the beautiful highlands of PNG
ashliemh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #82
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace
I tested this morning......BFP! So stuned. I don't even feel preggo. It is still sinking in.
Alicia + A = E + M and C
I shop at Mom's Milk Boutique
Using Swagbucks to earn paypal and amazon gift cards!.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #83
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 6th- January 12th

Yup, we talked it over last night. It's official. I belong here! It's still a little intimidating and scary because he's in the process of trying to get a new job. We're hoping to be moving in July too, but we're taking it as it comes. I'm excited, but totally terrified at the same time! Talk about an adventure!

I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of you!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote