View Poll Results: who should pay for the car seat?
Me 14 24.14%
Parents 41 70.69%
split the cost 0 0%
other 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who should buy it?

If you just want to avoid the hassle then it is you who should buy the seat. They have a seat and if you have access to it then you should use that. I would personally would not buy a new seat for a nanny or daycare provider.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stay away from the Comfort Sport seats. They have very low top slots and are outgrown early. They have the lowest rear facing weight on the market too. You are better off with an OnSide Air In that price range.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 01-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Its paRt of your business so I think you should. Plus if that kid grows out then you own in case you watch another that will need it. Expense it on taxes.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Its paRt of your business so I think you should. Plus if that kid grows out then you own in case you watch another that will need it. Expense it on taxes.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
You should, unless this job is temporary (like 6 months or less) and they plan to take the seat after IMO.

I was a nanny. I needed to transport her periodically but not for things related to my job. I bought the seat and left it with my employers when I left. I was there 2 years.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you are doing it for your convience then you should buy it.

Unless the kid is on the very small side I would not get the comfort sport. We had one for DS1 and he outgrew it FF before he was 2.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess the way I see it is if transporting her is a required part of your job, then they should provide it. If it's your choice to drive places, you should.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I made a mistake she is actually 23.5 mths ,18 mths is for the little girl of the other family I interviewed for the day before. She'll be 2 yrs on the 15th of Jan. she'll meets the requirements of my Britax frontier 85 that is still 5 point harnessing,was only used about 6 months and has never been in an accident,if I had a choice she'd be riding rear facing with me but she's been forwards facing since 14 mths with her parents already. so I guess I'll wait until her 2nd B-day to use my seat even though she meets the weight/height requirement already.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I guess the way I see it is if transporting her is a required part of your job, then they should provide it. If it's your choice to drive places, you should.
They asked if I'd take her on outings,to the park,places like that.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #20
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are a nanny, meaning you are the parents' employee, then I would expect the parents to cover all costs related to the job. If you are a babysitter for several families or run a home daycare, meaning you are an independent contractor or small business owner, you should pay and factor the cost into your rate.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote