View Poll Results: who should pay for the car seat?
Me 14 24.14%
Parents 41 70.69%
split the cost 0 0%
other 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who should buy it?

I am a Nanny working for 1 family.

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think they should supply the seat unless you have one you can use. I would never expect a nanny to provide a seat to take my child outin...

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been a nanny for over 10 years... parents have always provided the carseat. It's never been negotiated or come up as an issue.. it's just known that it's the parents responsibility. Although I do have a graco booster that I keep with me anyways, and have provided that sometimes for older kids.

I guess if the parents provided the option of switching the carseat each time, then it might be a problem because they are offering you an option. But I've never met a parent that wanted to deal with the hassles of that. With all the weird pick up and drop off arrangements that come up, dealing with switching carseats is the last issue you want!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #24
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was a nanny I never provided the seats.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

When my kids will regularly be in someone else's car I make sure I buy a carseat for each persons car. My mother and sister each had extra carseats for my kids. I paid for the carseats except when my mother left the carseat out in the rain and let the outside cats sleep in it. Then I expected her to replace the carseat I bought.

When babysitting a child I was not provided a carseat. I paid out of pocket for a seat. Then I charged the parents. I am not getting paid enough to just sit at home. I expect to be provided(by the parents. This is not my child) with the means to leave home safely. I told dad during the summer we swim a lot. I expected the child to be provided a swim suit. They kept forgetting l. Again I paid out of pocket and charged the parents. The child had a blast learning how to swim that summer. Any charge the child incurs is in my opinion the parents responsibility not mine. This is not my child I should not be financially responsible for him or her.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote