Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Kushies? good or no?

I found used Kushies on my local Craigslist for a KILLER price. I don't want to get them if they are terrible, no matter how good the price is.
Has anyone tried them? Did they work well?
I am most concerned about leaks and blowouts. I can deal with bulkiness.
Thanks!

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Kushies? good or no?

I got some at a garage sale 5 for $5 and they all leak. They look brand new and only 2 of them appeared to be used when I bought them. They have cute prints but they leak at the legs and they don't have very good absorbancy just on their own. The velcro is great though so I am planning to try to modify them with some pieces of PUL and other inserts, etc when I get some time to sew. The ones I bought are Kushies Classic with a hidden waterproof layer, but it is not waterproof at all. I don't know if the AIOs are better. I would be upset but I only paid $5 for them all and will keep them for PL around the house because they are generously sized/fit well at least.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The ones I saw are the all in ones. they are only charging $50 for a lot of 40 diapers. Its hard to pass up a deal like that on our budget!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

They are soo bulky and heard they run big. If you do buy make sure to size up in pants or buy lots of dresses. I had some but only used them a few times. no leaks. I thought absorbency was ok. make sure you look at all the leg elastics and make sure they are workable. they have no resale value. I tried to sell them locally for $3/each with no luck. they did sell here though. for the price I would take them.
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I have a couple. They work fine for me but are a little stiff...not as soft as some of my others. I haven't had a leak, but my kiddo is not a heavy wetter and I don't get leaks with any of my cloth unless I don't change in a timely manner. The prints are super cute, I'd say worth a shot for a really good deal.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I think I will try them!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Not to be negative but buying an entire stash of Kushies 10 years ago for my son is what turned me off cloth diapers. HATED them.

I only returned to cloth 2 years later when my leleche leader introduced me to fuzzibuns & happy heiny.
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought they were ok for the price, they didnt leak, were easy to use and clean, and i didnt think they were any bulkier than other aios. I do agree there are softer dipes though, they are kinda rough. Also i had the toddler size on my 20lber and they were a bit big so you might wanna use that as a size referance
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
fii
Registered Users
seller

I had 4 of the all in ones with the sewn in cotton tongue. They were okay as a laundry-day diaper but I didn't like the quality. I hardly used them and they soon had little holes around the legs where the waterproof layer was bunched up(not sure what the material was but it didn't feel like PUL- maybe some kind of polyester?)
fii is offline   Reply With Quote