Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good price for Diono?

We are expecting #3 and have to get Diono car seats to fit all three kids.
Albee baby has http://www.albeebaby.com/diono-radia...t-daytona.html the radian r120 for $199. Is this a good price or can I easily do better? Thanks so much for everyone who knows this stuff! I haven't bought a seat in 3 years
Also little one is due in late August early September, Roo will be 4 in a few days and Lette will be 6 when baby gets here if that means anything, although we are sure we need the seats above. Well, we think we are sure

Advertisement

Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: Good price for Diono?

I would not buy seats that far in advance personally, you lose a lot of time especially if they don't come straight off the manu belt... and even more especially this early in pregnancy. You have awhile yet

Will you have a need for the seats otherwise? As in, are the current two getting ready to outgrow their seats and need seats now vs just needing the narrow seats when #3 arrives?

congrats by the way!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I would not buy seats that far in advance personally, you lose a lot of time especially if they don't come straight off the manu belt... and even more especially this early in pregnancy. You have awhile yet

Will you have a need for the seats otherwise? As in, are the current two getting ready to outgrow their seats and need seats now vs just needing the narrow seats when #3 arrives?

congrats by the way!
The two seats are for my two that are already here My 4 and 5 year old We have to spread our purchases out so I want to buy things when they are on sale, these are actually the only things we will buy new probably so if this is a good price it is good for us to buy them now We won't be getting one of these for the new baby until it outgrows the bucket.
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

check out my thread asking about coupon codes for the RXT. I just ordered from kohls because I have their card. Amazon has a couple for 214. since your two are older you might want the extra tiem in the seat? regardless you can check out waht they have and maybe still use the sale codes.
Sorry nak...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kohls has a couple codes that w/ the Kohls cash made them cheaper, but that price at Albee is good...I'm actually getting ready to grab one from them on payday!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5784028-Dion...-in-Kohls-cash
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oftentimes, 3 different seats will actually fit better in a 3-across situation because of the way they "puzzle" together, so I would look into that before committing to purchasing 3 Radians. The ladies on here are rockstars when it comes to 3-across solutions.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #8
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Amazon and Albee have them the cheapest outright

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteiner18 View Post
The two seats are for my two that are already here My 4 and 5 year old We have to spread our purchases out so I want to buy things when they are on sale, these are actually the only things we will buy new probably so if this is a good price it is good for us to buy them now We won't be getting one of these for the new baby until it outgrows the bucket.
Oh I understand you have two kids already. What I meant was, carseats only have X amount of lifespan in them, so personally unless you need the seats NOW for the other two, I would not puchase three new carseats for a baby that isn't even due for another 7 or 8 months. You will lose all that lifespan of the seats, they'll probably be a year old at least by the time you even need them for three across. So unless your other two are outgrowing their seats, I would wait. I get spreading things out - but carseats would be near the end of my list of purchases so I can maximize the use and lifespan of the seats.

Have you gone to a store to test to see if three of them will even FIT three across and have a good install in your car?