Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So, I tested positive with DS. This time, my midwives recommended probiotics once daily (fem dophilous) sp? brand, to help me test negative. Ive been taking them for the past 2 months or so. I plan to ask them next appt, but is there anything else I can be doing now (I'm 32 weeks) to make sure i test negative??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Beta strep: testing negative

Eat lots of garlic.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Eat lots of garlic.
Yeah, Ive heard that some women take garlic for this reason. Anyone know who much (assuming supplements), how frequently, and when to start supplementing?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I took probiotics been also took garlic like a week before my test. Tested neg!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How much garlic u take?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do garlic tampons :-) Or just eat copious amounts of it! I would trust just taking supplements, I prefer the real, raw stuff.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tested positive for my first pregnancy and negative for my second. I didn't take probiotics, instead I ate good yogurt and drank kefir. I ate a clove of chopped raw garlic everyday for a week. I also used raw garlic internally overnight for a week. My midwife recommended rinsing with diluted vinegar after bowel movements leading up to the test.
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great post! I had gbs last pregnancy and hoping to test negative with this one. It was a real pain in the tush to have IV antibiotics in the hospital, and they were horrible! And because I had to go in the hospital earlier to get them, my labor stalled, and I had to have pitocin...I really don't wanna go that route again!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was GBS positive with this birth and my MW did a chlorhexidine wash every so often after my water was broken. I was hoping to use garlic supplementation to be negative (this was my first time being positive) but I didn't start it early enough and wasn't expecting the test on that particular OB visit (I had switched providers so I wasn't "warned" about the upcoming test in the prior week or whatever).
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With all of those antibiotic your gut is a wreck. Your also setting up baby for eczema and asthma. Buy MegaFlora Plus by MegaFood from Amazon. Take it for the next 6 months. Forget store brands and everything non-refrigerated. You need a wide spectrum, refrigerated probiotic. These are the best!

To test negative for Beta Strep.
1. Do Not have anal Sex. If you have had anal sex with your husband....ever, refrain from sex for 4 days prior to your appt. Your hubby must be treated for Beta Strep prior to resuming sex. If you would like to have more children. You must use condoms when having anal sex and have your hubby treated if not getting pg.

2. Peel a clove of garlic. Insert it vaginally and leave it in place. It WILL fall out. So, replace with a new clove. Keep inserted for 3 days.

3. Just before you leave for your appt. Take a shower. Wash your perineal and anal area with regular, non-scented, non antibacterial soap for 2 minutes, get every crevice. Rinse, repeat, and rinse well. Do not poop after this.

4. Tell your provider....DO NOT swab my anus! You are not having a baby out of your butt! They all do it and the touch is so feather light you won't notice! Beta strep is a normal flora for the colon in about 30% of women.

I was positive w/C2....no one told me. I got to the hospital and anitbiotic were forced on me. I was positive w/C3...my doula who has attended 700 births...gave me this information. I was re-tested and tested negative. I tested negative w/C4 because I did this prior. I will test negative with this baby, too!

Last edited by elioraimmanuel; 01-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote