Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #101
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - January chat

Ya such a trip that our first March baby is being born! It is starting to feel "real" to me. These days I am SUPER tired. Work started back up and I had to take 4 classes because we barely make ends meet as it is, big mistake and I wish I could take a smaller work load. I was SO tired after coming home today that I was worried I was getting sick. My whole body hurt and I had a headache. I took a nap while my girls napped and felt much better so I think I just over did it. Any advice from mama's who are working and on their feet for long times in the day? I am on my feet for about 4 hours. I would love some survival tips!

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #102
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I had my midwife appt today. Shes sending me to OB Medicine. Shes concerned about the diarrhea for 5 weeks and the amount of contractions I've been having. Ugh one more appt to squeeze in. Shes worried about me going in to labor from the intestinal activity from the diarrhea.... so that's what's new over here. Fun stuff.lol!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #103
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles, Amanda. I hope the OB gives the all-clear and the diarrhea goes away soon.

I have had a few moments this week where I remembered how good it felt to hold an itty bitty. It is the most real it has been for me, so far. I'm very aware of my pregnancy this time (other pregnancies have been so easy toward the end I could forget here and there), but I just haven't had the time to imagine Thomason actually being "here". It is so weird.

My boys are getting increasingly clingy as we near the end. They both want to be held/carried constantly (and the BH and giant tummy are making that really difficult). Carter, who actually is a bigger/clearer talker than his older brother, has started doing this baby talk thing he has never done. Whining, pointing, grunting, nonsense sounds that have the rhythm of conversation. It is so out of character for him. I think they are a little anxious about the baby, but hubby thinks I'm over thinking it.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #104
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles, Amanda. I hope the OB gives the all-clear and the diarrhea goes away soon.

I have had a few moments this week where I remembered how good it felt to hold an itty bitty. It is the most real it has been for me, so far. I'm very aware of my pregnancy this time (other pregnancies have been so easy toward the end I could forget here and there), but I just haven't had the time to imagine Thomason actually being "here". It is so weird.

My boys are getting increasingly clingy as we near the end. They both want to be held/carried constantly (and the BH and giant tummy are making that really difficult). Carter, who actually is a bigger/clearer talker than his older brother, has started doing this baby talk thing he has never done. Whining, pointing, grunting, nonsense sounds that have the rhythm of conversation. It is so out of character for him. I think they are a little anxious about the baby, but hubby thinks I'm over thinking it.
I don't think you are over thinking it at all, they know something is up and are demanding more of your attention. All sounds normal to me. My twins are clingy lately too. They want to be carried everywhere which is super hard with my big belly and they always want to cuddle whenever I sit down. I love them but I am totally on touch overload!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #105
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible

I don't think you are over thinking it at all, they know something is up and are demanding more of your attention. All sounds normal to me. My twins are clingy lately too. They want to be carried everywhere which is super hard with my big belly and they always want to cuddle whenever I sit down. I love them but I am totally on touch overload!
It's tough, isn't it? I feel so horrible when we are out somewhere and they both want to be carried. Sometimes I just can't, so I have to choose one (which is typically DS2 since he is more whiny and clingy), or make them both walk because I'm trying to be "fair". Today I was having a hard time carrying all their bags from "school", my purse, ds2, and holding ds1's hand. I have teachers offering to help me to my car, lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #106
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It is starting to feel "real" to me
I can relate to that! Its really starting to sink in over here too!

Had my 34 week appt a few days ago. All is well. I asked to be checked due to all of the contractions Ive been having and Im 1 cm dilated and my cervix, though high, is very "mushy." My midwife seemed confident I wont have a baby before 37 weeks, but she also has no faith that Ill go to 40 weeks either. She said she is thinking sometime between 37 and 39 weeks. YIKES!! Thats like 2 weeks away!!! I really need to get crackin'! baby will be here if Im ready or not!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #107
samham
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

My son is 3 and is doing baby babble. It is driving me insane. I'm sure it's just an attention thing but aaaaah!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #108
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by samham

My son is 3 and is doing baby babble. It is driving me insane. I'm sure it's just an attention thing but aaaaah!
It is frustrating. I'm trying to stand my ground and not give him what he wants until he asks for it nicely...with real words.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #109
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Ya such a trip that our first March baby is being born! It is starting to feel "real" to me. These days I am SUPER tired. Work started back up and I had to take 4 classes because we barely make ends meet as it is, big mistake and I wish I could take a smaller work load. I was SO tired after coming home today that I was worried I was getting sick. My whole body hurt and I had a headache. I took a nap while my girls napped and felt much better so I think I just over did it. Any advice from mama's who are working and on their feet for long times in the day? I am on my feet for about 4 hours. I would love some survival tips!
I feel your pain! I work 12hr shifts on the weekends....by Sunday night I am a mess! I don't mind walking around for extended periods of time, but standing in one place for any length and I feel like a swollen, aching disaster. I wear support hose, which helps with the swelling, and I make sure to drink a lot, for some reason that helps. Other than that, I keep telling myself I get a nice 12 week break soon, and somehow that makes each weekend bearable.

AFM, I bought a carseat today on Amazon....hooray! I figure now we can get the baby home and diaper him....now I need to work on clothes (since I gave everything away and have NO baby clothes right now.) One step at a time!

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #110
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It is frustrating. I'm trying to stand my ground and not give him what he wants until he asks for it nicely...with real words.
Oh, my DS (3.5 yrs) is just killing me right now because he's turned up the sweet dial to overload with the clinginess! He wants to be held all the time and with mommy all the time, but he's asking with real words and even using "please" just about every time. I know he's probably just anxious about the baby, and it's sorta heartbreaking. Although, he's also dialed up the whine-o-meter in other areas, so that makes me grumpy I think this weekend we are going to scour the library for books that talk about feelings with a new baby sibling or something. The ones I have now are all very practical and talk about the physical stuff to expect, not really reassuring on the emotional side.