Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #111
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Good idea with the books! I hadn't considered that.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #112
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - January chat

Well the work drama continues. It is becoming unhealthy at this point, each time something happens I start getting contractions. I have no idea what to do at this point Why can't everyone leave me alone and let me teach?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #113
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
Well the work drama continues. It is becoming unhealthy at this point, each time something happens I start getting contractions. I have no idea what to do at this point Why can't everyone leave me alone and let me teach?
what is it this time?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #114
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
what is it this time?
Yeah, what happened Anya?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #115
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay here is my vent...over break they hired a new person with out any ASL dept. approval. She has ZERO teaching experience. She was not interviewed and did not submit a video sample of her teaching. They put my sub through 3 months of hell and made her jump through tons of hoops but this gal they just up and hire. Then they said the new gal will sub one of my 4 classes. That is only the beginning...
They said they wanted my sub on campus on the first day but they only gave her 4 days notice and she had to move up here which was about 500 miles away from where she was living. So she arrives and then they say she is not cleared to be on campus yet. WHAT? Then they demand a meeting with me and her to discuss her taking over my classes but not the other gal they hired. Double standard much?
They also put me in 4 different classrooms so I cannot leave a stool there to sit on and one of my classes I have to trek up a hill in under 15 min. to get to my next class. Thanks a lot!
Vent over...trying not to get worked up about all of this but I know it is bugging me because I have been getting more BH lately
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #116
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

So sorry, Anya. They sound really disorganized. Hope it smooths out soon.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #117
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

MFM appt went well this morning. Miss E looks great and fluid levels are holding steady (10 today, 12 this past Monday). I had three 1+ min contrax while hooked up to the NST. MFM said at this point they won't stop labor if I go into it on my own. Good thing since yesterday I was having contrax about 7-10 mins apart for 3 hours in the afternoon. I hope they're at least doing something "down under"!

The plan is to continue biweekly NSTs and u/s to check fluid levels and for any hydrops. After this week the MCA doppler (of her brain artery) is no longer reliable to check for anemia. As long as she continues to look perfect (and MFM said she's going to be really picky) then we're going to induce at 38w on February 21st. I have an u/s and NST scheduled for 9:30 AM on the 21st for one last check and then I'll head right on over to L&D. If anything looks a little off or weird before then, then they'll send me for an induction right away.

Did I mention that February 21st is our anniversary? I'm pretty sure that a baby is NOT the traditional gift for the 9th anniversary. February 22nd is MIL's birthday. Either way this little lady is going to share a date with someone!

We're all getting SO close now!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #118
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Okay here is my vent...over break they hired a new person with out any ASL dept. approval. She has ZERO teaching experience. She was not interviewed and did not submit a video sample of her teaching. They put my sub through 3 months of hell and made her jump through tons of hoops but this gal they just up and hire. Then they said the new gal will sub one of my 4 classes. That is only the beginning...
They said they wanted my sub on campus on the first day but they only gave her 4 days notice and she had to move up here which was about 500 miles away from where she was living. So she arrives and then they say she is not cleared to be on campus yet. WHAT? Then they demand a meeting with me and her to discuss her taking over my classes but not the other gal they hired. Double standard much?
They also put me in 4 different classrooms so I cannot leave a stool there to sit on and one of my classes I have to trek up a hill in under 15 min. to get to my next class. Thanks a lot!
Vent over...trying not to get worked up about all of this but I know it is bugging me because I have been getting more BH lately
Im SO sorry!

Just popping my head in to update. Im 36 weeks this weekend. Im having a shower on Sat but its bittersweet. The friend who demanded to host is having a lot of fertility problems. She and I actually hoped to conceive at the same time....well....I will deliver soon and her first cycle of IVF (didnt know she had fert issues til she tried to conceive) was unsuccessful. :-(

Another curve ball. Hubby's detailer informed us that our next duty station (we were PROMISED Virginia where we BOTH have job contacts and family) wont be honored. He will likely get stationed in Connecticut. We originally planned for him to go to CT alone (he will be on sea duty and likely not home much of the time) and I stay behind in SC (itll be 14ish months). After that time, reflect on whether or not he wants to stay in the military. If he does, then try to get Virginia as a next duty station, if he doesnt get VA as a duty station, then get out of the military and go to Virginia as a civilian, I get a job there, and we live a normal life.

Well, he cant stand the thought of being apart from us. He wants me to come to CT with him for those 14 months (and stay with family in VA when he's on sea duty). After that time, we will evaluate our options, decide if he makes the military his career, try to get VA as his next duty station, and I get a job in VA. Ill likely be a SAHM while there (first time EVER). Ive no issue with this decision (I prefer to be at home with the kids), but it will be a BIG change from what we are used to!

Last edited by amb2j; 01-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #119
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

twinpossible: That sucks! I hope things get better for you and your sub. I can't imagine trying to move that far in 4 days. Or trekking up a hill that quickly. Last time I was pregnant, about 36 weeks, these two guys in wheelchairs (I think they had broken legs or knee surgery) beat me up this slope in our hospital then asked if I wanted to race. I was like, yeah right I'm pushing max speed right now. I can imagine that the exertion doesn't make you feel any better either.

amb2j: Don't you "love" the military? We are waiting on orders too, hopefully by the end of February we will know where we are headed after here. We've been getting told so many different options that I really just won't believe we are headed somewhere until we get orders in hand. We've got to the point in DH's career that we will go where they send us because it usually works out better than us picking where to go (we knew within a month of getting here that we made a wrong choice coming back but sometimes you just have to suck it up, which we've done for almost 3 years now). I'm so ready for things to be settled though. That is the worst part is wondering are we going here or here, what is housing going to be like, the job market, etc. I hope things work out for you guys.

TS8213: What? Babies are what you get for your anniversary? I'm sure your MIL would love having a birthday buddy I can't believe that is only like 3 weeks away, I bet that is stressful thinking about. I'm glad I still have 8-ish weeks left, I feel like I've been so lazy getting stuff together.

Anyways, things are good here. I'm gradually getting it in gear and getting stuff together. I'm sad because our best friends here are moving this weekend. Their DD is DS's best friend and they get along so well so we are going to have to find other things for him to do (I'm thinking we will do swimming lessons again next month and maybe gymnastics or dance). Plus DH will be gone a lot in the next three weeks but at least afterwards he'll be home for March and April. Plus all of our friends at the moment are in the States so we won't really have anybody to play/hang out with for another two weeks. At least I'll get more stuff done?!?!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #120
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post

Im SO sorry!

Just popping my head in to update. Im 36 weeks this weekend. Im having a shower on Sat but its bittersweet. The friend who demanded to host is having a lot of fertility problems. She and I actually hoped to conceive at the same time....well....I will deliver soon and her first cycle of IVF (didnt know she had fert issues til she tried to conceive) was unsuccessful. :-(

Another curve ball. Hubby's detailer informed us that our next duty station (we were PROMISED Virginia where we BOTH have job contacts and family) wont be honored. He will likely get stationed in Connecticut. We originally planned for him to go to CT alone (he will be on sea duty and likely not home much of the time) and I stay behind in SC (itll be 14ish months). After that time, reflect on whether or not he wants to stay in the military. If he does, then try to get Virginia as a next duty station, if he doesnt get VA as a duty station, then get out of the military and go to Virginia as a civilian, I get a job there, and we live a normal life.

Well, he cant stand the thought of being apart from us. He wants me to come to CT with him for those 14 months (and stay with family in VA when he's on sea duty). After that time, we will evaluate our options, decide if he makes the military his career, try to get VA as his next duty station, and I get a job in VA. Ill likely be a SAHM while there (first time EVER). Ive no issue with this decision (I prefer to be at home with the kids), but it will be a BIG change from what we are used to!
Is your DH a subby?
I don't know that I knew that. Or maybe I did and total forgot.
Got to love detaileds.... Either way, I'm in CT. DH just got picked up for OCS so we''ll be leaving with in the next year but were here for awhile!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote