Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #11
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Jan 7 - Jan 13

I am deliriously happy right now! I was on Swagbucks trying to hit daily goal and grabbed a car insurance offer. We pay $100.xx per month for 1 full coverage vehicle and 1 liability vehicle. I have compared quote after quote and never (ever!) find anything lower.

Until today!!! We now have a policy through esurance (an Allstate company) for $38 per month. That's right, same exact coverage. $38 per month. I'm so excited. $62 saved! A year ago we were paying $155 a month for auto insurance. I looked everywhere, switched to a company for $100 per month for both back in July. And now I pay less than $40

I'm savings $744 over the next year. That's just huge.

Advertisement

frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmomof2 View Post
I am deliriously happy right now! I was on Swagbucks trying to hit daily goal and grabbed a car insurance offer. We pay $100.xx per month for 1 full coverage vehicle and 1 liability vehicle. I have compared quote after quote and never (ever!) find anything lower.

Until today!!! We now have a policy through esurance (an Allstate company) for $38 per month. That's right, same exact coverage. $38 per month. I'm so excited. $62 saved! A year ago we were paying $155 a month for auto insurance. I looked everywhere, switched to a company for $100 per month for both back in July. And now I pay less than $40

That's awesome!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl

Do you use kohls online? I have found when buying items from them that their online site is cheaper than in-store and their are usually 20% off codes for online. Just a thought since you already know which suit you want to get and the size you need it in.
I thought about that, but he wants to see what they look like (the shirts) since colors can vary on the computer screen. Plus, he likes to try to match them up with ties and that is hard to do looking on the screen...suits he has to try on just b/c for that amount of money, they need to feel right.

We get pretty much all of our other clothes online...this stuff though he is pickier about.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02 View Post
I thought about that, but he wants to see what they look like (the shirts) since colors can vary on the computer screen. Plus, he likes to try to match them up with ties and that is hard to do looking on the screen...suits he has to try on just b/c for that amount of money, they need to feel right.

We get pretty much all of our other clothes online...this stuff though he is pickier about.
Kohl's is up there with Walmart in terms of easiest returns. Online or in store - with my orders they send me a postage label if you need to return anything and if you want to go to a store to return it that's great too. We've had a lot of luck with Kohl's online, especially in sizing. My DH is a big&tall and in store they never seem to fit him right. Online they offer many more sizes in the big&talls. I say it's worth a short. They have decently fast shipping too.
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
drabekgirl
Registered Users

U could have him try on in store and than write down the numbers he wants and buy them online.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Doing really well so far. We're 1/3 of the way through the month and so far have only spent $30 on groceries and I need to pick up another $5 worth tonight as I forgot Kale and ran out of eggs. My chickens were laying tons, and the the weather turned cold (negative temps) and the eggs were freezing and cracking before I could get them in. Suprisingly the chickens are still laying. So anyway, I need eggs now. But dh did get a heat lamp rigged up last night so now the poor girls will stay warmer and we'll get non cracked eggs. Other than that, not a lot going on. have to pick up the rest of our cash today and fill the other envies as we only had enough left from last month to partially fund the grocery envie. I'm pretty excited to start clearing out the pantry and freezers. I'm actually thinking we may be able to have another eat out of the pantry/low grocery budget month next month just because of how much food we have in the house.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I completely forgot about the bill I was supposed to pay last Friday though it isn't late. I made a reminder in my calendar for tomorrow morning to take care of it.

We did our weekly grocery shopping and used one of our $50 gift cards to pay for it. I probably wouldn't have used it ordinarily, but it was a WM Money card and tomorrow they were going to deduct $3 out of it so I figured it was time to get rid of it.

I also decided to tackle all of our stored baby clothes and CDs. I sorted them all out and sold about 2/3s of the CDs over the weekend, replenishing my PP. I have no really plans to use that money for anything, but it was nice to get rid of stuff we no longer needed and someone else could use. Plus there is now a whole shelf unit in the garage that can store stuff we intend to keep and use.

I wish we could do a meal plan, but DH is the cook (and I am the cleaner because he sucks at it) and try as I might, I cannot get him to plan a menu to save his life. Admittedly, he always tries to make meals from what we have available in the house, but my shopping list generally consists of restocking stuff that we use regularly (milk, eggs, spaghetti sauce, veggies, etc) so that they are available for whatever he has in mind that day, plus a margin for stockpiling when sales of our most used foods occur.

We had to buy DS a new lunchbox, but otherwise no unexpected spending has occurred.

We discussed plans to clean up and start work on getting the first two apartments in my old house ready for renting. That will be an interesting journey, but we will be so much better off when those units are generating income.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We raised our deductibles and switched companies, lowering DH's insurance from $130 to $83 per month.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Craaaaap I forgot to pay the girls mdo tuition!!!

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Dh's gi bill came in and it looks like we will have to pay it from there cuz theres nothing else. Gah!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmomof2 View Post

We use Esurance too, you can't beat the savings!
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote