Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you Are Trying to Earn/Save Extra Money.....Check in Here!

I posted recently looking for ideas for making extra money - $50 a week for the next year was my goal, about $2500.

Here's the original thread.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1465070

I thought if anyone else was trying to make extra money, we could talk about it here and try to motivate each other. Maybe start by posting your goal and how far along you are, plus ideas for making your goal.

I'll start.

Advertisement

Last edited by badmisterkitty; 12-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you Are Trying to Earn Extra Money.....Check in Here!

What ideas are you yakking about? I would be interested in ways besides what i'm doing.ok. I guess I didn't realize I saw it. I have almost got 50 to redeem for pp. Link is last in my siggy. Cool. I had garage sale & made 75. I also sold on ebay. Here on ds. Nice ideas on other post. Thanks.

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 12-03-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: update
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you Are Trying to Earn Extra Money.....Check in Here!

My goal is about $2500 by next fall, so I need about $50 a week. My original plan was to save up for windows, but I've been having anxieties about sending my oldest to public kindy next year so now I am highly motivated to save up tuition so she can attend the private school she is going to right now again next year. The windows will wait or come out of another savings fund.

I'm happy to report that I exceeded my goal this week. I sold $35 of footed blanket sleepers on craigslist, plus have 2 pickups scheduled tomorrow for some prefolds and a pair of snow pants for an additional $15. I also took a small tote of clothes to OUAC and although they ddin't take much of it, I got $20 for about 10 pieces.

One of the ways I intended to save extra was to withdraw a little bit here and there from our checking account and I took out $40 this week. I plan to try to get $5 and $10 here and there when I use the cash back option on my debit card.

My goal for this week is to do another round of listings on CL and to sort through what OUAC rejected and do a couple of lots on ebay or CL. BTW, I will never understand how OUAC decides what to reject. I shop there and it's so hard to find stuff in nice condition. Yet I take them some clothes in better condition than what's on their racks and they don't want it.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you Are Trying to Earn/Save Extra Money.....Check in Here!

lemons, I posted the link in the OP!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

My goal is just to have enough money to live more comfortably and to pay off bills that are behind and keep up to date on our mortgage. I am hoping by the time school starts in the new year we are in a much better position.

This week I have sold 5 pairs of babylegs - profit $10, amber necklace and bracelet - profit $8, I have heaps of other things listed but no luck selling yet. I have some more to list next week.

Lucky enough to get a cot, changetable, new bottles, clothes and a nappy bin and refills on freecycle so that has helped us save a lot of money.

Bad news we found out today the car we purchased a few months ago was "fixed up" for sale by the car lot and is not going to last at all, repairs are $5k which we will never have, so we basically have a useless car now that we wont be able to drive, fix or sell.

Last edited by clothlover8; 12-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.
clothlover8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I'm in! My main way to make extra money is eBay selling. My profits for the year have averaged to about $900 a month (just started in February). However the last 3 months have been about a $1500 profit. Problem is, we rely on this money to supplement our main income (my real job).

Our 2nd cars engine blew and so we now need a new one (well not new- just a beater). We also have Christmas and many birthdays in dec and jan.

So anyway my goals:
Sell $300 this week (mon-sun) on eBay- not $300 profit, just $300 sales-it's been slow otherwise I'd aim higher
Get a few things listed on CL
Go through my girls toys and books and see what can be sold or donated to make room for Christmas (win-win, declutter and make money!).
Sew up some snack bags to sell- yeah right, probably won't have time lol!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sold books my oldest doesn't read. Nice to get rid of stuff. Garage sales for some stuff. Asians around here like scarfs that are cute.

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
I'm in! My main way to make extra money is eBay selling. My profits for the year have averaged to about $900 a month (just started in February). However the last 3 months have been about a $1500 profit. Problem is, we rely on this money to supplement our main income (my real job).

Our 2nd cars engine blew and so we now need a new one (well not new- just a beater). We also have Christmas and many birthdays in dec and jan.

So anyway my goals:
Sell $300 this week (mon-sun) on eBay- not $300 profit, just $300 sales-it's been slow otherwise I'd aim higher
Get a few things listed on CL
Go through my girls toys and books and see what can be sold or donated to make room for Christmas (win-win, declutter and make money!).
Sew up some snack bags to sell- yeah right, probably won't have time lol!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #8
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I'm in. My goal is to earn $25 a week so I can contribute to our debt payoff. I'll start for now with listing thing on Craigslist and a local swap and shop group on FB. I'm having a baby any day, so this may get put on a back burner for a couple weeks. We'll see.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #9
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I list stuff for sale on fb weekly. This weeks goal is atleast 50.00, I have a 30.00 sale pending for thursday! I have a wishlist on amazon that I'm trying to buy up!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #10
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need to do this, but not sure if I can do 50 a week. Listing things is difficult with my schedule but I'm going to try to do as much as I can.