Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you have a swing for you baby? Are you happy with it?

I have the fisher price luv you zoo. It plugs in or can use batteries. My dd never liked it, but it worked great.

Advertisement

Huxley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a basic fisher price swing that plugs into the wall. I would not do one that only takes batteries.

The boys like it okay but for DD it was/is a lifesaver. She was super fussy and wouldn't sleep anywhere else the first 4-6 weeks. She still loves the swing.

http://www.shopping.com/Fisher-Price...wing/info?sb=1

Last edited by Nerissa; 01-07-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I had one but my boys never really cared for it. It worked great though. It was fisher price rainforest. It could swing forward and back or side to side, and it plugged in. Bought it used for $40. Since neither of the older boys liked stuff like that I don't think I'll get another. If I get anything like it, maybe a cheap bouncer. DS2 sometimes like the bouncer. And you can usually find one on clearance or used for under $10.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Since we didn't have to buy much for our second baby, we splurged on a mamaRoo, and I don't regret it. I used it quite a bit for the first 4 months, after that DD was too squirmy for me to feel completely comfortable with putting her in it while she was awake, but I would still put her in it for naps at least once a day and it kept her sleeping for a nice long time.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
addicteddad
Registered Users

I picked up a FP rain forest swing off CL for DS. Plug in or batteries, folded up somewhat. It was ok. DS neither hated, nor loved his swing. He outgrew it kind of quickly, but we ended up not paying mug out of pocket after selling it. For #2, we may splurge on a mamaroo or try a travel type swing.
The only bouncy seat we used was one of those Baby Bjorn seats that moves when the baby moves. No batteries, 3 position recline, and folds up flat for storage. We loved that thing.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am thinking about getting this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=10755532

or

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12413336

DS didn't use his bouncy at all but the swing a little. We sold everything since we didn't really use it and it was bought used. Now I have several carriers and I want something to set LO down in so I can play with DS.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 01-07-2013 at 12:50 PM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Yeah we are definitely buying a swing, that is not an option. If LO doesn't like it then I'll just resell it. but DS 1 liked the swing and we used it daily for months until he outgrew it.

We did have a bouncer that vibrated as well, and he was never a fan of that, but we'll pick one of those up too because I like how portable they are. I used it every day to take a shower and DS chilled in his bouncer in the bathroom!

Thanks for all the suggestons.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have an older Fisher Price Papasan swing, looks like it is equal to the current Cradle N Swing. DS2 is almost 2yo, and although he barely fits in it, and I think is over the max weight limit, he still loves it for naps. The best feature is that you can rotate the seat to swing side to side, or front to back. We often have it somewhere in the middle, so DS2 gets more of a diagonal swinging motion, which he prefers.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This one was purchased for B in 2007 by his paternal grandparents. He is now 5 1/2 and still uses it as a rocker, it goes up to 40lbs. It has lasted through three kids from birth (they're currently 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and almost 15 months), the motor for the swing still worked great when I put it in the attic after Noah outgrew the swing part (due to developmental milestones, he sat up on his own early, and not weight) and is well loved by all. They still use all the time as a rocker.

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_GB/products/49915

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had a FP Papasan Rainforest swing for DS1 and he loved it. For DS2 he wasn't a fan so we sold it on craigslist. I'm due with DD next month and purchased another FP papasan swing (the lamb one) for uber cheap on craigslist ($25 and new is $160!) and sanitized that sucker and hope she likes it. Even if she doesn't, I figure if I resell for $25 then I'm not out any money. I like how the papasan swings can change directions.