Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: S/O Do you/SO eat set meals or graze?

All of the above. I meal plan for all three meals and most days I do actually put together all three. But I also allow mostly free reign of the healthy snacks in our house. Dh is gone 12 hrs a day during the week so he's rarely here for meals. However he's on a specific meal plan that has him eating 6 times a day, plus unlimited (raw,plain) veggies through the day. So, I am usually packing him a days worth of food, a b-fast sandwich, a salad lunch, two fruits and two snacks, usually a veggie or protien.

I eat b-fast usually after dh and dd1 leave but before the little ones are up. I am usually needing to nurse the baby while they are eating. Dd2 tends to graze on things like bananas, yogurt, cut veggies, etc. She does still eat the regular meals though too for the most part. Dd3 doesn't eat much period. I am making a concerted effort to get everyone eating dinner together at the table, it's much better for DD3's issues

Advertisement

happysmileylady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We eat set meals. Even with him being at work, we eat lunch around12-1 daily. We have dinner together every night as a family. I feel it is very Importent to have that time together though.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #23
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Yes... Lol, I graze AND eat 3 meals. High metabolism. DH eats lunch and dinner. DS is allowed to graze but must sit at the table with us for meals whether he eats or not.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The kids eat set meals. Breakfast, morning tea (snack), lunch, afternoon tea (snack), and dinner and then bedtime snack (milk and a cracker or something small).

I cook, and I make everybody sit down for meals at the table. We just feel this works better for us to have a routine and it is the way both of us were brought up. I don't let me kids graze constantly but if they are hungry I will move their snack a bit earlier, and make sure they are getting something healthy, not junk. We tend to have very little junk food in the house anyway. It is also easier for me at each meal to line up 3 little plates and dish them up all the same. I don't cook lunches generally, it is more of a smorgasbord type meal where they get a sandwich/ bread/ crackers and cheese, hummus, meat, veges, fruit, yogurt. Whatever is left over I'll combine onto one plate and leave it on their little table so if they get hungry they can help themselves.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #25
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

We graze but I make dinner every night. DH seems to eat every 5 minutes. He has a very high metabolism.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mostly set meals. Before my youngest was born we would all have breakfast together or near the same time and it would usually be the same thing. Same with Supper. DS1 eats lunch at school and DD and I have lunch around 1. DH works from home and comes out of his office around noonish and gets himself a plate, usually leftovers or a sandwich and fruit. We usually have a morning snack between 10-11 and an afternoon snack 3-4. If I didn't have set meals and snacks I would never eat. Getting stuff for them reminds me that oh right I need to eat too. We all eat basically the same things so grocery shopping is easier and I guess it's healthier for me and DH. The schedule was originally set based on when DS1 would get hungry/nap etc. when he was a baby and we stuck with it.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We eat together, but not at scheduled times. Breakfast and lunch is me and the kids. Dinner is all of us. Family dinners are wonderful....even if it's just cereal!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #28
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't graze. I do eat 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks per day just like the kids. We eat breakfast together sans DH, lunch at school, and dinner all together. We do after school snack together as well.

I have never been able to recognize hunger cues in myself. I just get grumpy and unhappy and don't realize it's because I need to eat until I start eating. My mother says I'd be horrid until she could convince me to take a few bites and then I'd eat everything in sight as a young child. I haven't gotten any better since. I do get cravings on occasion, but those are related to my taste buds and not how urgently I need energy.

I also get into chores and projects and flat out forget to feed myself. Keeping a routine helps with that.

Last edited by mcpforever; 01-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We both eat 3 meals a day and 1 snack. Absolutely no grazing here.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #30
HerroKitty
Registered Users
seller

We do a quick breakfast, a nice dinner, and graze all day long in between
HerroKitty is offline   Reply With Quote