Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toddler poo issue

Probiotics are the way to go. You can buy Culturelle at Walmart or Culturelle for Kids at CVS and I think they even have a store brand. It really doesn't matter whether it's adult or kids; you really can't overdose on them. They are definitely more expensive in the store than online. We take them daily and I order from Amazon or Vitacost. I get the Vitacost brand 10-20 and the kids either Garden of Life powder or they really like the Nature's plus Acidophi chewable. It's a strong berry flavor. But honestly, you could just open up the adult capsule and dump it in your kid's cold food/drink and it works just as well.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Eat anything toddler not used to? Or eat lots of something? My 20 month old if lots of beans loose or softer. If lots of crackers lighter in color. Could be bug finishing getting out of system.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Skip the store brand probiotics and anything that is not refrigerated. Most store brands have only transient strains of probiotics that the body flushes out with each meal. Many are dead because probiotics are alive, need to be refrigerated.

The best I've found are MegaFood.com They have strains that actually heal the gut. Kids N' Megaflora is what I give the littles. If we've been sick it's Megaflora or Megaflora Plus for adults.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
If y'all do yogurt or kefir, you could do probiotics that way. We usually do kefir smoothies at our house.
Just scored some Kefir smoothies at Aldi for dirt cheap! Have to order other probiotics as nothing good local