Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flip AI2 - still like them?

I have never been much of an AI2 girl. We bought and owned for a short while, a bunch of Flips. I am now wondering, did I sell them too quickly? Are AIO's and/or Pockets better? Curious, do you still like your Flips? Why/Why not? Would you buy them again?

TIA for sharing

Advertisement

Last edited by gbabies2; 01-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flip AI2 - still like them?

I like the idea of them but I almost never reuse the cover. Also I don't like having to assemble a diaper each time, even though it only takes like 2 seconds. However if I end up liking the Imagine bamboo prefolds I just got, I might have to give them another try. I have one lonely Flip cover right now.
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2Holden View Post
I like the idea of them but I almost never reuse the cover. Also I don't like having to assemble a diaper each time, even though it only takes like 2 seconds. However if I end up liking the Imagine bamboo prefolds I just got, I might have to give them another try. I have one lonely Flip cover right now.
Okay good, now I do not feel so badly. I agree, why that extra step is such a big deal, I do not know I would maybe reuse a cover once but that is probably it. I really want to love them/the system though. Convince me Mamas!

Last edited by gbabies2; 01-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

I like how easy they are. I put the prefolds in there & re-use the covers a bunch. It is a nice variation to all pockets.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use them for night time because I feel that the front and back flaps attribute to our dry mornings... I do not use them much during the day at home unless we're running low, but I do like traveling with them like to family events. My inlaws live an hour away but I have comfortable places to change her and traveling with 2 covers and 6 stay dry inserts is much less bulky than 6 AIOs or pockets.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
I like how easy they are. I put the prefolds in there & re-use the covers a bunch. It is a nice variation to all pockets.
Do you mind my asking, are the Flips in addition to an all pocket stash? Just curious what others diapers you like?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo07 View Post
I use them for night time because I feel that the front and back flaps attribute to our dry mornings... I do not use them much during the day at home unless we're running low, but I do like traveling with them like to family events. My inlaws live an hour away but I have comfortable places to change her and traveling with 2 covers and 6 stay dry inserts is much less bulky than 6 AIOs or pockets.
They do seem great for travel - kinda wish I would have kept mine for that. Or at least my super trim BGE's for that. Why oh why do I sell things!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just remembered why I sold my Flips . . . the shifting insert. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2

Do you mind my asking, are the Flips in addition to an all pocket stash? Just curious what others diapers you like?
Right now I have flip & tots bots & a few BG pockets. Planning to sell the tots bots to get more BG pockets. I hate stuffing pockets but they work great & I can customize absorbency. For me, I couldn't find a AIO I liked. I havent tried BGE though.
The flip covers at home & outings are reliable & wash up nice. I prefer the pockets for changes outside of the house though because the inserts do shift around a little & changing not at home is a challenge already with my active toddler

Last edited by crunchyNurseMommy; 01-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post
I just remembered why I sold my Flips . . . the shifting insert. Does anyone else have this issue?
I like to use prefolds in mine because I feel like they stay in place the best, and they are still pretty trim. I also use padfolded flats and stay dry inserts and like them too but they do sometimes shift or bunch a little. The longer I use the flip system, the more I like it and I kind of wish it was all I had. I have a dozen pockets and 6 aio, but I always reach for the flips first, and I even like them for going out
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote