Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

They are my absolute favorite cover. Hate the Stay Dry and haven't used a flip organic since my oldest was 2 months old though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #22
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flip AI2 - still like them?

I LOVE our Flips w/ Stay Dry inserts it is our go to diaper and has been for a few months. If you dont have issues w/ mf than I would recommend them. They are our trimmest diaper. They are part of the reason I destashed my BGE (which I love also but didnt like how fast they wore out. I like the inserts w/ Flips,DiaperSafari, and Grovia shells as my top 3
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #23
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
LOVE our Flips. I do like another poster said and put the sides of the diaper where underwear would go...in the creases of her legs. We use thirsties hemp prefolds, flour sack towels and diaper rite flats. They are all very trim. If I HAD to, we could use just Flips and be content
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #24
vivid
Registered Users
seller

I'll be different. I hate my Flip covers. I also hated the stay dry inserts and sold all those a few months ago. I am selling the covers now too.

They fit too wide through the crotch for us. The exposed PUL on the inside and rise snaps on the outside cause major rashes here. Not to mention no matter what I put in the cover it shifts. I will say that they have never ever leaked, which is nice. But I just have come to terms with the fact that BG just doesn't fit my baby nicely.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
I LOVE our Flips w/ Stay Dry inserts it is our go to diaper and has been for a few months. If you dont have issues w/ mf than I would recommend them. They are our trimmest diaper. They are part of the reason I destashed my BGE (which I love also but didnt like how fast they wore out. I like the inserts w/ Flips,DiaperSafari, and Grovia shells as my top 3
Okay, I know we have used a lot of the same diapers, so I am curious, if you had to choose between your Flips (with stay-dry insert), BGE, Simplex and bG4's, which would you have the most of?

Also, how absorbent are your Flips (with 1 stay dry insert) compared to your Simplex and BGE? And how trim in comparison to those 2 diapers?
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid View Post
I'll be different. I hate my Flip covers. I also hated the stay dry inserts and sold all those a few months ago. I am selling the covers now too.

They fit too wide through the crotch for us. The exposed PUL on the inside and rise snaps on the outside cause major rashes here. Not to mention no matter what I put in the cover it shifts. I will say that they have never ever leaked, which is nice. But I just have come to terms with the fact that BG just doesn't fit my baby nicely.
I too wish the bG diapers were just a tad narrower - if so, I would LOVE them! I like them, but would LOVE them if they made that change.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post
Okay, I know we have used a lot of the same diapers, so I am curious, if you had to choose between your Flips (with stay-dry insert), BGE, Simplex and bG4's, which would you have the most of?

Also, how absorbent are your Flips (with 1 stay dry insert) compared to your Simplex and BGE? And how trim in comparison to those 2 diapers?
The Flips with stay dry (organic inserts were too bulky for me) would be my first choice. I find them really absorbant w/ no wicking/leaking ever which I find with all BG products. I find them just about as trim as BGE if not as trim (I didnt love the Flip combo as much on the small setting as there was too much bulk on the medium setting which is where we are now I dont normally fold over the insert just kind of tuck it in to be more trim). The BGE didnt wash up as nice and wore out quickly but crazy absorbant for as trim as they were. The Simplex were nice too but not as trim and I find Flips w/ inserts were quicker than stuffing the Simplex. The BG 4.0 were have just started using again and I am loving them. I may be wrong but believe the 4.0 and the Flip stay dry should be equal in absorbancy since the soaker seems the same but I find the Flip Stay dry combo to be more trim.
Overall here is how I would rate those 4 diapers:
1.Flip stay dry (due to easy wash/dry, trim, absorbancy and hold up better than BGE)
2.BG 4.0 (easy wash/dry, absorbancy, hold up better than BGE)
3. BGE (trim and absorbant but spendier and fall apart quicker I also prefer a detachable soaker and like that I can hang dry the flip covers and 4.0 shell)
4. Simplex (absorbant, not as trim as the Flip or BGE, stain easily, love the prints but I can get those in a cover and use w/ my stay dry inserts)

The Simplex OS I didnt care for at all as I thought it was far too bulky (I am picky on trim lol) for a convenience diaper.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #28
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
The Flips with stay dry (organic inserts were too bulky for me) would be my first choice. I find them really absorbant w/ no wicking/leaking ever which I find with all BG products. I find them just about as trim as BGE if not as trim (I didnt love the Flip combo as much on the small setting as there was too much bulk on the medium setting which is where we are now I dont normally fold over the insert just kind of tuck it in to be more trim). The BGE didnt wash up as nice and wore out quickly but crazy absorbant for as trim as they were. The Simplex were nice too but not as trim and I find Flips w/ inserts were quicker than stuffing the Simplex. The BG 4.0 were have just started using again and I am loving them. I may be wrong but believe the 4.0 and the Flip stay dry should be equal in absorbancy since the soaker seems the same but I find the Flip Stay dry combo to be more trim.
Overall here is how I would rate those 4 diapers:
1.Flip stay dry (due to easy wash/dry, trim, absorbancy and hold up better than BGE)
2.BG 4.0 (easy wash/dry, absorbancy, hold up better than BGE)
3. BGE (trim and absorbant but spendier and fall apart quicker I also prefer a detachable soaker and like that I can hang dry the flip covers and 4.0 shell)
4. Simplex (absorbant, not as trim as the Flip or BGE, stain easily, love the prints but I can get those in a cover and use w/ my stay dry inserts)

The Simplex OS I didnt care for at all as I thought it was far too bulky (I am picky on trim lol) for a convenience diaper.
Super helpful Mama - thank you so much! I bought a bunch of Simplex 2.0 recently and now I am starting to worry, my LO might prefer stay-dry. We had this issue before but it seemed to be a phase and feel wet/natural seemed to be good again, now I am not so sure. Gonna try for a bit longer before I once again (or maybe not) sell my Simplex. You are making me want to try the Flips again Oh, and we too are still (and once again) loving our bG4.0's!

Thanks again!!

Last edited by gbabies2; 01-08-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #29
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a Flip last summer with a stay dry insert and HATED it, sold it in less than a month. Then I randomly decided to buy one lonely Flip organic prefold...and I got curious again. So, I bought a cover. And now I am totally into them!
I haven't had an issue with shifting, and I think the key is using the prefold and not the MF insert. Now that you mention it, that was totally what I had the issue with. I could never get the snaps to lay right when my son was wearing it (and he wasn't even crawling at this point...) and the cover was always dirty because the insert kept shifting.

So, two things: one- the organic insert is totally worth it IMO and they are always up here for sale, but any prefold would do. And two- doesn't GroVia BioSoakers have an adhesive strip on the back? I know they've been out of stock for a while and I haven't used them personally, but if you are looking for a hybrid option maybe try the BioSoakers in a Flip cover??

QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #30
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i tried the stay dry inserts and hated them, i reallllllly disike anything with microfiber plus they were not wide enough to cover all the PUL and so they didnt contain very well. i sold just about all my flips and inserts tried a gazillion other dipes and ended up buying flips again and using them with flats and it is PERFECT! I can use them over a snappied/boingoed/pinned flat or prefold or a padfolded flat or prefold. flip covers and prefolds were the very first cloth diaper we used so i think i have a special love for them

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 01-11-2013 at 08:03 AM.
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote