Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMN View Post
Well KC said sorry contact Swaddlebees can't help you. I called them and the owner wasn't there. The customer service rep said she will send me more but it was a known problem. I said no have your boss call me. I sent photos to KC and they were like sorry!

Swaddlebees owner called me. He said it has been happening to 20% of the diapers and in six weeks new ones made differently will be available. He said he talked to KC and I'll get a refund. I will only order straight from the company.

If I bought a Sony tv from Walmart, brought it home and it didn't work I would go back to Walmart. If it was six months later and it didn't work I would go to Sony. KC is super shady so I'm done with them.

The swaddlebees owner said to call anytime. He was very informative and nice. KC? Not so much.

I'm a FTM and had no clue that they weren't hemmed only serged. It didn't say that anywhere.
This I totally get. My money went to the retailer. They are who I feel I should deal with. The retailer can then in turn deal with the manufacturer of the product. After all this is who they paid for the product.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylindsay
I really think that the company who sold the product should deal with the manufacturer, not the person buying...there is a reason there is a middle guy...if not we would all buy direct with manufacturers.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Walmart is a LITTLE larger then KC there is only so much a one women shop can offer you...
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As both a small business owner (not related to children at all) and an avid CDer with lots of experience buying from retailers I will tell you if one of our customers came to us with an issue we'd make it right. I don't care if it was with our product or a product that they bought through us I would/we would do something. I don't care if it was giving them a gift certificate, replacing their product, or offering to contact the other product's manufacturing company on their behalf. That's just GOOD costumer service and that's what will save that sale, make the customer happy, ensure they not only continue spending their money with you, but let their friends know about a negative experienced turned into a positive experience.

As far as KC's goes specifically. There are lots of mom and pop cloth diaper retailers out there. Being small is not an excuse to provide poor customer service. I don't care what her volume is. She runs her store as she does, and that allows the slower shipping and negative customer service, plain and simple. This has not been just one or two experiences. We're talking many people having these issues with them. That should have been a wake up call for her many, many months ago that she either needed to hire more people or re-vamp her procedures if she couldn't afford to hire the man power to function more effectively. And, if doing the volume she does, she can't afford to higher more people to fix this shipping/CS issue that is a BIG red flag to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
Walmart is a LITTLE larger then KC there is only so much a one women shop can offer you...

Spunkify is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
This isn't much encouragement to buy from the smaller companies.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
NMN
Registered Users

Well either stand behind what you sell or don't expect repeat business. Swaddlebees was very nice. I'm not ripping anyone off.
NMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #27
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Blueberries HAS been sending replacements, this is a common issue. Honestly, I'm just surprised they haven't pulled those flats from the shelves all together and made new ones, offering those who purchased the refunds they deserve. I don't think this is kellys closet fault this time, but as a whole they do really lack CS. I refuse to shop there anymore.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13
Had the same prob through KC and I knew they wouldnt help me, but they were pretty rude. I am boycotting them actually.
I have never bought from them, and now I don't think I ever will!!!! Thanks
Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMN View Post
Well KC said sorry contact Swaddlebees can't help you.

I'm a FTM and had no clue that they weren't hemmed only serged. It didn't say that anywhere.

I think its fairly common practice to deal directly with the manufacturer-- I know I've gotten things from target and amazon that specify to go to the manufacturer not the seller. I understand some businesses will just cover it. Sorry you had a bad KC experience.

You're right- the description doesn't say that... went back to check because I was sure it did. I greatly prefer the surged edges to all my hemmed ones. I view it as a benefit and will be ordering more even though they are small. The reviews do mention it.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post

I HIGHLY doubt KC said "sorry about your luck, contact BB/SB". I'm sure they were more business like than that...
You can't know what they said. My comment was in response to what the op said/felt about their response. I don't think they were probably rude but by the sounds of it they weren't overly helpful so I don't appreciate your tone.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote