Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

terrible morning sickness - help

For the past 4 days I have had awful sickness, I first thought it was the flu. I get sick about 3 times over a few hours, to the point where bile comes up. It starts as nausea which lasts a few hours, causes me to not be able to do anything, I am just waiting to get sick. My worst window is dinnertime to midnight, and I wake in the middle of the night with stomach pains and get sick. I can't keep food or liquid down,this is awful. It is like I have nightime flu. Throughout the day, I gag, regurgitate my last my in burps, so gross. Anyone have something like this? Advice? I am desperate.

My guess is I am only 6 weeks, havent got in for my first appt. My husband works nights and this is affecting me taking care of my toddlers. I have never been so sick, I am trying to get into the dr today, my original appt is Friday, and I cant wait that long. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: terrible morning sickness - help

Ur doc can give u a prescription. I just had to deal with it & mine lasted half the pregnancy with my girls. Ale
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Well it sounds like you are on your way to hyperemesis. Check out this website for more info: http://www.helpher.org/mothers/hyper...ness/index.php

What you do need to do is monitor your weight. And if you start losing quickly (and with those symptoms you probably are!) go see your Dr right away!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
ingrid5699
Registered Users

double post sorry
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013

Last edited by ingrid5699; 01-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Tot Lovin'
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was so nauseous and couldn't eat without it coming back up. I had to go to the doctor, since I couldn't keep anything down and was losing weight (lost over 20 pounds in the first 4 months). Doctor prescribed Zofran to me, which helped, and I had to get IV's because I was so dehydrated. Do you work? If so, try to file for FMLA. Good luck and I hope your symptoms pass quicker than mine did!
Tot Lovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree with calling your Dr. I had HG my entire first pregnancy, this time it eased about 20 weeks. IVs help a ton, being dehydrated only makes you more nauseated.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry, I get really sick when pregnant too. My daughter was the worst, I could barely stand. All you can get here in Canada is Diclectin and it helps but just somewhat. This time was a little better but lasted until 18 weeks and I still feel yucky in the evening. Evenings are always the worst for me. Get lots of movies and put your kids in front of the TV. I also used to just lie on the floor of my daughter's room and watch her play. I gave up cooking dinner and we just ate frozen TV dinners and my daughter wasn't 1 yet so I just bought jarred baby food. Do whatever you can to make life easier and ask for help. My mom used to come and clean my house for me. I'm sorry, it really really sucks but hopefully it comes to and end at 12 weeks. Take sips of liquid and eat whatever you can stomach. Oh, and didn't take my vitamins for months because they make me nauseous. The morning sickness makes me not want any more kids even though I love children. It's just too hard.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
mparmywife
Registered Users
seller

This happened with both my daughters - I'm so sorry, it is not fun! My dr diagnosed hyperemesis - get in to the dr and get a Rx right away, it really is the only thing that will help. The Rx will make you kid of drowsy but you can half it if you need to leave the house but then put the kids down for a nap/movie and sleep some of it off. Good luck mama :-)
Daughter of the King and Blessed to be a SAHM/WAHM BFing, CDing, Circumcising, Slow Vaccinating to James, mama to DD1 Caitlyn (08/16) angel baby Michael (10/07) DS Nathan (11/08) and DD2 Hanna Nicole (07/11)
https://www.facebook.com/SweetSparkles3
mparmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Same here I just called the doctor and got zofran today. I am praying this is the cure so that I can function again.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Definitely call the Dr... I still need to take zofran at 30+ weeks, but being sick the entire pregnancy is normal for me. Also taking b6 and regular unisom at night helped a whole lot and is safe for pregnancy. Best wishes momma for feeling better!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote