Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #121
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
it's like night and day. there was SO MUCH dust at the top of the wall, it was nasty. it's white now! now i just need to do the other three walls, lol. i had to stand on a chair, with the extended handle for the mop to get it all, lol.

clean up an area in your diningroom. i am going to spot clean the walls in my diningroom.
spot cleaned the wall by the bar in my diningroom. it was the worst one, and it looks awesome now! i love clean walls, lol.

go clean off a dresser or table. i am going to clean off DS1's dresser. he likes to pile stuff up there.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #122
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
looks much better in there now. all bright and shiny.

vacuum a room. i am going to do my livingroom. with so much traffic through here, it gets dirty, fast.
livingroom is done. weee. it looks nice. the only thing in the floor is DS's big legos. carpet is clean. i spend most of my time in here, so i prefer for it to be clean.

go do something with the laundry. i am probably going to wash a load.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #123
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
done! i'm surprised at how dirty that got in just a matter of a few days. :/ it's insanity, i tell you!

clean the floor in your entry way. i am going to pick up shoes, and then sweep.
swept the entry way. that area is pretty neglected, which sucks considering it's the first thing you see when you walk in, lol. i also got some stuff together that i am giving away on CL.

sweep your kitchen floor. mine has needed it for... oh, i don't know.. weeks, lmao. i try to keep up... i really do. ugh.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #124
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
cleaned off the boys desk, and dusted it. it looks so good now. shiny, clean, and the pledge even made the room smell good.

go clean a problem area in your room. i am going to clean off the desk with the tv on it. needs to be dusted, too. gah. the dust is so bad in my house.
managed to do this without dh waking up, rofl. ugh. WAKE UP! i already vacuumed, he didn't budge...

sweep your diningroom floor, or vacuum, if it's carpet. sweeping mine. ergh.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #125
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
started a load of laundry. hopefully i can remember to put it in the dryer.

clean toilet in your bathroom. i'm doing mine.
cleaned my toilet. it wasn't too bad.

straighten your livingroom. if the floor is clean, pick another area. i'll either do the desk, the tv shelf, or something else if the floor is clean by the time i get to this.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #126
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
got the counter cleaned off. recycling is taken out, and it's been cleaned with bleach. woo. looks pretty/organized over there now. also purged some containers that had been sitting there for awhile that we no longer use.

go give your guest bathroom toilet a swish. ours is used by the boys, so... it needs a little more than a swish, lol.
cleaned the toilet. it wasn't BAD, but... now it's clean.

mop the entry way floor. i have to be honest... that floor hasn't been mopped in about 6 months. :/ it's speckled tile so you can't tell when it's dirty anyway, but still... ergh. can't imagine how dirty my mop is going to be afterward, lol.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #127
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
spot cleaned the wall by the bar in my diningroom. it was the worst one, and it looks awesome now! i love clean walls, lol.

go clean off a dresser or table. i am going to clean off DS1's dresser. he likes to pile stuff up there.
cleaned his dresser off. there's nothing there now. wee! he'll be mad, but he'll get over it. lol

pick the worst room in the house, and straighten it. i am going to do my bedroom.

eta: have you noticed a trend here? i pick one thing to do in each room of my house, in the order of my house, lol. laundry, kitchen, diningroom, livingroom, entryway, my bedroom, my bathroom, guest bathroom, boys room, haha. i'm so OCD it's sick.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #128
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
livingroom is done. weee. it looks nice. the only thing in the floor is DS's big legos. carpet is clean. i spend most of my time in here, so i prefer for it to be clean.

go do something with the laundry. i am probably going to wash a load.
i threw a load in the washing machine, and put a load away. i'm about tired of doing laundry. i feel like it never ends. literally. i could do two loads a day and i'm not even sure that we'd keep up with it then! not to mention my LEAST favorite part is putting it away... so it really just sits in baskets to be dug through. ugh. pet peeve.

take out the trash in a room. i am doing my bathroom.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #129
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
swept the entry way. that area is pretty neglected, which sucks considering it's the first thing you see when you walk in, lol. i also got some stuff together that i am giving away on CL.

sweep your kitchen floor. mine has needed it for... oh, i don't know.. weeks, lmao. i try to keep up... i really do. ugh.
swept the kitchen. dude. gross. my kids drop so much crap, lol.

take the trash out somewhere - again. i'm doing my guest bathroom.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #130
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
managed to do this without dh waking up, rofl. ugh. WAKE UP! i already vacuumed, he didn't budge...

sweep your diningroom floor, or vacuum, if it's carpet. sweeping mine. ergh.
swept the diningroom floor. i don't know why, the kids will just destroy it when they get home. ugh.

straighten your kiddos' room. i'm going to do the boys room. they have toys all over the floor, ugh. again... don't know why i try, they are just going to destroy it.