Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Arrow HELP!!!! Clogs

Hi all...I need some serious help. My DS is almost 11 months. We have done bfing only from the very start and I had a few cases of mastitis (ick!) and did all sorts of research and learned to keep my iron up and to take soy lethicin and to nurse frequently etc and we had been doing just fine until the last 3 weeks. I have gotten a new clog everyday if not serveral each day. Its really starting to frustrate me. Does anyone have any tips? I use hot compresses and all sorts of stuff...I keep hydrated and everything. I am at a loss.

Part of me is leaning towards weaning but I have no idea how to do that without getting mastitis again and I would rather cut my left hand off that deal with that again...

Anything? Any help? With either weaning or just trying to make the stupid clogs go away? They hurt so badly....

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP!!!! Clogs

I don't have much help, but am also prone to clogs. I seem to get them when I get stressed out or if I'm wearing the wrong bra. I recently bought some new bra's and every single time I wear them I get a plugged duct! I read some where to try taking a hot shower and them rub vicks on the plugged up place, massage for about 10 min. and take another hot shower. I tried this last time I had a bad clog and it seemed to work pretty well, or else babe nursing the ENTIRE night was the cure. Mothering mag just had an article on mastitis and plugged ducts in their March/April edition. I think you can read their articles of the website. I hope you find something that helps.
mamoo3 is offline   Reply With Quote