Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Talk to me about the different Radians

We are going to get our 5 yo DS and 4 mo DD new carseats. DS is 46inches tall and 40lbs, so we still use a 5pt harness. DD is in an infant seat, but we hate it, so we want to switch to a rfing convertible seat. We think we want to get Radians, but I'm not certain which. So tell me about the R100, R120, and the RXT. Thanks!

KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about the different Radians

They are all built on the same shell. The r100 rear faces to 40lbs rather than 45 and then they have different forward facing harness weight limits. The rxt has the headwings (which cannot be used until the child is on the third slot or higher and the jaw has to be even with the bottom of the headrest)

They all have the same harness height so none is better than another for a tall kiddo.

Is there any reason you want one for the older kid? Personally I wouldn't get one for an older kid. There are combination seats out there that are better and cheaper. The radian is not the best booster can't use it in booster mode until the child is 50lbs and then it is outgrown pretty quickly by height.

Can you measure your 5yo's torso height? (sit him against a wall and measure floor to shoulder sitting straight up) the raidans top slot is 17 inches (someone correct me if I am wrong) so that would give you an idea of how long he would have before he outgrew it by height. I was babysitting a 4.5yo this summer and she only had about an inch before outgrowing it. I wouldn't have bought a radian for her if she were mine.
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12

Last edited by solarbabies; 01-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote