Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are not really etc nor are we tta either. I think I am a few days late so I took a cheapie hpt earlier this week. It was negative. So I went to take another one tonight just for the heck of it. I accidentally used an opt instead of a hpt. I clearly see 2 lines. How is this possible? Of course I am out of hpts. So I can't use another one of them.

Please don't quote me I will be deleting this later.

Advertisement

Last edited by anrmom21; 01-08-2013 at 07:24 PM.
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21
We are not really etc nor are we tta either. I think I am a few days late so I took a cheapie hpt earlier this week. It was negative. So I went to take another one tonight just for the heck of it. I accidentally used an opt instead of a hpt. I clearly see 2 lines. How is this possible? Of course I am out of hpts. So I can't use another one of them.

Please don't quote me I will be deleting this later.
It could be either your pregnant or your getting ready to start your period. I just had this and it ended up being a surge of lh right before af. But other mamas end up with pos hpt. Could go either way!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me figure this out!!!!!

Depending on how dark the lines are it may mean nothing. Some mamas get two lines all the time or most of the time. For me I gave up using them because it seemed like there was always a line but never as dark as the control.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

For a OPK to be positive you have to have the test line as dark or darker than the control. Having 2 lines all the time is normal for many women. It would still be negative unless the forementioned has occurred.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Almost all women will get 2 lines on an OPK 365 days a year. LH is constantly present in our bodies, it just surges when we are gearing up to ovulate, which explains why it turns ++, and once there is enough HcG/pg hormone in our systems it will again pop ++. I have found it turns ++ if I am pg around 18DPO.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote