Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
britsuz90
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone successful in domestic infant adoption when you already had children?

I haven't run into a problem. The SW feel like you are experienced parents, so want to place with you. We haven't even finalized YDD's adoption and they are already talking about another placement, but we are done.

Advertisement

britsuz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone successful in domestic infant adoption when you already had children?

I've seen a lot of places with a limit, Ive always wanted to adopt, and I want 6 kids total, but I don't know if we will be able to.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
NaplesMom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 bio daughters and adopted our son who was born last July and never had that issue. We were told, however, that a large majority of expectant parents considering adoption tend to choose those who A. have no children or B. only adopted children. We were chosen by 3 different couples at different times, but 2 of them decided to parent.

Last edited by NaplesMom; 01-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.
NaplesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermommyJ
I am doing lots of adoption research today, and I was very surprised when I spoke to a domestic agency that said they couldn't work with us because we already have children. We have 3 children ages 4, 4, and 5 adopted through foster care.
I'm just wondering, is this typical of domestic programs?
I'm quite discouraged after talking with this agency.
We had 2 bio children, ages 4 and 2 at the time, when we adopted DS. His birthmom picked us because we had other children- she had a brother she was very close to and wanted her son to have siblings as well. We only waited 4 months to be matched, 5 to when we took him home
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have two bio children and then adopted twin girls. Their birth mom loved that they would have big brothers. It also wasn't her first pregnancy, so that might have something to do with it as well. We also found her using adoption pass along cards instead of her finding us through the agency.

The agency we used didn't have a limit when we started, but did put a limit after we had been waiting for awhile. It didn't affect anyone who was already approved and waiting, but I think it was that you could only have 2 children (whether bio or adopted) in order to use them. I think they put the limit in effect because there are a lot of adoptive couples that go through them, but not very many expectant moms who place.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
purseaddict
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had 3 boys, blended family--one of mine and two of his, and adopted our daughter at birth. It was a private adoption through an attorney, so no such restrictions existed. We are in Oklahoma.

Like to save money when shopping online? Visit www.currentcodes.com
purseaddict is offline   Reply With Quote