Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
abbysparkles
Registered Users
seller

ISO Trim Diaper

My 4 month old is a chunky monkey so having a big, fluffy bottom is making it more of a challenge to find good fitting clothes. What do you think is the trimmest cloth diaper? I think it's time to explore some other options so his clothes last longer!

Advertisement

abbysparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: ISO Trim Diaper

i think the FB Elite is super trim with the minky insert. We also have rock-a-bums we just got and it's pretty trim IMO with just one insert. Though I let him sleep in that last night and for the first time ever he leaked, the back of his shirt was soaked. I guess the insert came out of the diaper (but I loved it during the day). I think those are the trimmest in our newest stash. The medium simplex fits like a glove, but I think my guy will outgrow the rise before the waist.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I use BG 4.0 with a padfolded flat. Pretty trim in my opinion.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 4 month old is huge and the trimmest options we have are BGE and pinned flats under a cover like Dappi or Nikky.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Flips with the stay dry flip insert is very trim. But yes we have had the same issue.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Something that doesn't have the soaker all in one big rectangle, which is hard to find because that shape is most economical to manufacture. The more widely you can spread the absorbent stuff, the less bulky it gets in any one spot.

Flats under Imse Vimse covers give us the best fit under clothes. The Flip cover is more trim but the Imse Vimse is a nicer shape ... again it's how the bulk gets spread.

But I also have great results using the flat fold in my sig line, inside a BG pocket.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like a flat snappi'd under a flip for trim-mess, but i might not be the best to answer because my 2yo is 36in tall, 25lbs and has absolutely no butt, so even with cloth i still rely on the adjustable elastic pants to keep them up. I also found grovias to be a really trim option too. Bg arent all that trim because they are too "full coverage" for my girl.

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #8
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Peachy green aio's are very trim and absorbent enough for my 13 month old. Se is an average wetter.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #9
klynnw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Peachy Greens are super trim, also Best Bottoms with the hemp insert are really trim. In my personal stash, I tend to use osocozy flats stuffed in pocket diapers and we've never had to size up in clothing using that combo. A snappi'd flat under a Thirsties Duo wrap or BestBottom cover is also really trim....or tucked into a Capri cover.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A snappied flat under a Flip is sposie trim for us. I love that combo. Other trim diapers we have tried are Elementals, Peachy Green, GroVia AIO and Bottombumpers.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote