Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

Can you feel stretch marks forming?

I am 24 weeks and depending on my position, I feel like there are a hundred tiny tears all over my belly. I will change positions and oil up my belly when that happens. I lucked out my first pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks, so I have no experience. I just wonder if you can feel them forming in advance and if so, is it too late to do anything by then?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can you feel stretch marks forming?

I don't think you can stop stretch marks, but I am no expert. I got them with my first and a few weeks before I could see them the skin in that area was insanely itchy.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I agree you can't stop them. I tried. I had feelings very similar to what you are describing with my third pg. First two I had no stretch marks. Last one I followed same regimen, constantly putting moisturizer on belly, gained same amount of weight, etc... but STILL stretch marks. The area where they were coming burned and itched. And when it got close to them breaking through the skin felt ridgid and just different. Good luck!
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

Thanks, I know they can't be stopped. I just wonder if that sensation is a sign that they are coming. I am following the same regiment as my first pregnancy and started it earlier too. Weight gain was higher in the first trimester compared to my last one, but I also started off lower than pre-preggo weight. Who knows!! I am just scared of getting them!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I could totally feel them woth DD, I had nothing until about 27 ish weeks and then it was like the seam on my lower belly got pulled. All the way across very deap painful stretch marks. The worst thing is once you have them its pretty well guaranteed you'll get more, the skin is already really fragile so its much easier to tear. I feel for you mama.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have the itch and tear feeling with no stretch marks so far. I know exactly the feeling you are talking about. I did get some below my hips on my thighs with this pregnancy but I didn't feel those coming...they just appeared! So I would say that the feeling is not really a sign that they will happen. Just keep rubbing oil all over your belly often