Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just found out I'm pregnant again. My baby is only 3 months old.

I want to puke and cry at the same time. I'm not ready for this. I never thought this could happen to me. It took us 7.5 months of actively trying to conceive our almost 3 year old son. It took us 10 months of actively trying to conceive our 3 month old daughter. I'm breastfeeding my daughter exclusively. I also pump and donate an average of 20.1 oz daily.

We weren't doing anything to prevent pregnancy because we didn't think we needed to. We aren't people who accidentally get pregnant. I'm expressing enough milk to feed twins! My baby is only 3 months old! We want more kids, but not yet. Here I sit though, with two positive tests. I took the second, hoping the first was a fluke. Nope, it's even darker. I'm going to be due around my baby's first birthday - likely even on her actual birthday. My baby is getting a baby sibling for her birthday. I'm so sad for her. Our son is incredibly demanding, intense, and challenging. I already feel like she doesn't get all the attention she needs because her brother demands so much. Now she'll have one underneath her to steal me away too. I want her to get more from me than I'll have to give. I feel so sorry for her.

We don't fit in our house. We are just getting started with building a larger one on our farm. It won't be done by September though. Our 3 month old already has to sleep in the living room. Where the heck will we put another?

I'm so afraid of losing my milk. A little girl that I donate to privately needs it desperately. I just promised her mom 500oz next week. I have it ready ti go but I'm so afraid to part with any now though. I wanted to nurse my daughter for longer than I nursed my son. He self-weaned at 13 months. She'll have a sibling to share with before then. What happens when all my milk turns to colostrum?

Should I be taking additional supplements now that I'm nursing a 3 month old, pumping any extra that I can, and PREGNANT? I already take prenatals, DHA, vitamin D, and a double dose of probiotics. I have a vitamin D deficiency that I can't seem to get control of. My midwife suspects that I might have some absorption issues. I meant to see a gastroenterologist after I had my daughter but I never got around to it.

Should my diet change any? My head is spinning. My husband is excited and positive. I wish I could get there.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just found out I'm pregnant again. My baby is only 3 months old.

No advice, just Take a deep breath, everything will be ok
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

When you get overwhelmed, just think of the closeness your daughter and this sibling will have. They will be so close in age, will be able to have a very special bond that likely will assist you should your son continue to be challenging and take up more time. She will have a special playmate!

As for the milk, she will nurse and you have already given her the three months of breastmilk that is the most important. You'll do just fine!
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((hugs)) I'm sorry this isn't what you wanted right now mama. No big words of advice just wanted you to not feel so alone. I would be terrified too ((hugs))
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It will be okay. It will be an adjustment, it will be hard, but you will be okay. I don't know what to tell you about your milk supply, I think it's different for everyone. I stopped nursing because I didn't know any better. My first and second are 14 months apart...ds1 didn't even notice a difference when DS2 came...he was too young to care. And now they do everything together. I actually found it easier to adjust when the babies were close together...DS3 was much harder for me. It was like I had forgotten so much.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any advice, but I'll be thinking of you!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
I know everything seems overwhelming now but it will be ok, my second son was born 2 weeks after my 1st son's 1st birthday. I was really freaked out but it all worked out in the end. I was able to breast feed my oldest until he was between 6 and 9 months old but partially it stopped because I was having a hard time pumping. I personally could not keep up with the supply demand with all I was doing in a day. I think if you keep at it though you should be fine. Would the mama you pump for understand if you had to cut down a bit on what you give her to save for your lo?
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Look up the weston a. price diet for pregnant and nursing mothers. You need D and A together. I would also get you r B levels checked. I hope everything turns out okay for all of you. I would not pump for anyone else if I were pregnant and nursing. I don't think it's fair to the developing baby.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big huge hugs mama. I had a very similar thing happen to me yesterday (found out I was pregnant after no cycle, using condoms with an EBF 7mo). Just take deep breaths, talk a lot to your DH to soak up his positive outlook and know that it was meant to be.

As for donating/pumping, I'd maybe give her what you promised this week, but explain it will be your last. If you continue to have enough to pump, I suggest you stock it in a deep freezer for your DD. many mamas successfully nurse through pregnancy and then tandem nurse. But many others find their supply dries up at some point, so having some stocked milk on hand may help with your anxiety.

Hang in there mama. Siblings born close together often become incredibly close friends.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote